Reviews for words
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
A beautiful poem. The last stanza truly blew me away:

"and in those moments where i

steal into their worlds, i

could write a masterpiece."

But the entire poem was dripping with luscious and vivid imagery, very well worded. You know, I'm really very bad at writing reviews, so I'll just close off with me commending you on a wonderful poem. Very well done and I'll certainly try to read more!
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
"my gasps for air never in tandem with your crescendos."

This is... wow. Your wording is so powerful and beautiful. I don't know what I can say without being redundant. I really love this piece. The referrences fit in so perfectly.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Gah. This was perfection. Pure and simple. I was rereading your review for "the elements of style" and I just want to say everything you said in that review back to you. It's amazing how you can just TELL who real writers are, and who's just saying it. This is magnificent. I love the part at the end with all the authors! Stephen King is a favorite of mine, too, and I feel that he gets shunned a lot because he writes "popular fiction." Which is a shame, because he is a damn good writer, and shouldn't even be placed in the same category with some of the other pop. fiction writers out there. But yes, this is gorgeous. Definitely a favorite. Keep writing! :)
notACTUALLYwriting chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
holy.

I just finished this. and then i thought, what the hell just happened?

it was manic.
All Alone With Her Thoughts chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
It doesn't look like you have writer's block. Another amazing piece.

Rowan.
Lead Girl chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I think this is the best thing you've written so far. And I know I say that just about every time I review, but, that's because each time you write something, I think it's better than the one before. Therefore making it the best.

The second and third stanzas are my favorite. It seems like you've expanded your word usage. Which, considering how well you used words before, to me, is quite impressive. Like "Scribbles, unintelligible, meander their way across my page." And "And in those moments where I steal into their worlds, I could write a masterpiece. But then I close the book." I really like that part. Another favorite of mine is, "You are a song all your own. I am lilting children's stories, the ones your mother never told you about"...Wow.
GirlxAnachronism chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Amazing. your poetry is so vivid its incredble i love it
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
This has a marvelous pace and tone. Lines like, "..no, nothing-helps the words birth from my mind", help the reader, and writer's as well, relate to the loss of a muse or inspiration in general. I like how this is active, constantly moving and progressing toward a point of a literary-social discovery. That words, and works are a combination of internal and external forces that don't always allign as frequently as we wish them to. The way that you've interspersed influences, like "king, huxley, and vonnegut", assist the reader in relating to the expansions of thought that writer's proceed through over time. I like this, because it's honest, and specific, and individualized, but not so individualized that it can't relate to the larger society in the process. Very well written.
continuous brevity chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
wow, i absolutely love this, your style is amazing. great work!
Countess Chocula chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
You have no idea how happy I am to see that you've posted up another poem. Seriously, I nearly fell out of my chair. (not to mention when I read your lovely reviews - you have no idea how much compliments like that mean coming from a writer as amazing as you.)

And of course, I was not disappointed. This poem is just...whoa. The fourth and fifth stanzas are my favorite, especially the last few lines. I especially enjoy the trubute to Anne Sexton and Sylvia Plath, truly two of the greatest writers ever to walk this Earth. And you know what? I think you're just as amazing as they are.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Okay, so, I technically have fallen off the face of planet but was revived when I noticed a particular person updating. That person, of course, being you.

(But, sh!, don't tell anybody.)

Again, your style leaves me with a loss of words-breath-and I really love the achy-heartbreaking feeling I get even on your not really angst work; it just oozes into the veins and makes your heart feel like lead. I'm addicted to it.

Also, that whole fourth stanza is total and utter love. (x a million)

- Noelle