Reviews for Bori
Ishotthealbatross chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
Sooo cute! Loved this story :)
frogs of war chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
Wow. That was a powerful story. I really enjoyed it.
JK Rowling is a giant TERF chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I really truly love this so much-and no small part of that is due to the poetic flow of the story and that there is conflict and angst but without it crushing my delicate little heart. :) LOVE!
gumdropspimp chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
I liked how the mythology was incorporated in the story :D
zoule chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Now I'm curious as to what the original mythology is for this story
Curb Crasher chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
. . . That was . . . sweeter than I expected. But I cannot complain, because I'm smiling. Thank you for writing this, even if it does mess up a religion.
Shiri-Matakami chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I hope you know that I was so scared that you were going to kill the Bori. So scared.

I may or may not have been screaming at Kamil when the Shaman came in...

(Though for about half a second I thought that the Shaman was going to be Kamils lover...which scares me now when I think about it...Shutting up now x.x )

The ending to this was adorible, ack. Like I am almost in tears adorible.

Samanya is a great name for him. That tied the story up so nicely that I had to go reread it see where the clues were.

:p

This was a lot of fun to read. I really look forward to what you are going to write in the future!

You have talent, it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

.~

*loves*

Shiri Matakami

Lord of Fish
In Darkest Night chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
I am not familiar with any myths behind this piece, but still, it's emotional impact reached me. I swear I was enthralled by the first paragraph, even though I didn't think I would like this story.

When the shaman came, and when he started trying to manipulate Kamil, I must congratulate you on the word choice, and the order of events, etc. It set the mood very well, and I swear I was nearly in tears before Kamil kicked the shaman out.

I also particularly like the emphasis put on the meaning of names, which is not a unique concept, but just feels so very much more real in this story, because of its setting. And how the bori never appears in towns, and doesn't seem to be a manipulative spirit, all knowing, and powerful, and as is commonly seen in 'spirits' or 'gods' the veneer of arrogance. The bori truly seemed like a curious kitten following the piece of string. There -were- no promises of the all too easily corruptables. Which is actually very enjoyable. And in a way, for me, not having known what the bori are supposedly before reading this story was helpful in adding suspense later on.

And the very last thing I love, is that we never actually hear the bori's name (and I bet there is some signifigance in him accepting a name from Kamil).

And now, I shall stop babbling.
Liviania chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
That is not a bad attempt at romance! It's very sweet, and I love the supernatural element. (As I know nothing about the myths it's based on, I can't really say if you're butchering anything or not. At the very least, you seem to have the right feel.)

Livi
Manila Keranu chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
“Stranger?” Samanya threw back his head and laughed. “I love it.”

And so do I _ A lovely story, and cool mythology - I can't tell if you've butchered it, but you sure did something interesting with it. :D
XP chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Oh love, this story was really good. There were a few spelling mistakes (You spelled the word "concentration" in the first paragraph wrongly) and the grammar was a bit twitchy here and there, but that can be easily fixed with a beta. )

Keep writing. As always, writing improves with practice. Look forward to reading more of your works soon.
Escagirl chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Oh, I liked.
tasteinmen chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Loved this. There is not a lot of African slash around, and this was very, very, very, very god! Absolutely lovely!
Qui chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Aww, I really enjoyed that.
Tygati chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Ohh... *_* That was LOVELY. Just lovely. *purr* I will now sit here with a happy little glow and beam for no particular reason for the rest of the day. _