Reviews for Gracie
Daigaisai-Taren chapter 4 . 11/19/2007
I really like this, it's well written and engaging. However, there's a pretty serious factual error. No one HAD to tell her parents, in fact, if she's over 13, it was illegal for them to tell her parents anything without her written consent. Children's hospitals sometimes overlook this, particularly with physically smaller teenagers, but counselors rarely do.
Twilight Starr chapter 4 . 11/18/2007
Aww, Max seems like a really sweet guy. Hopefully he'll get her help. Good addition.

Twilight Starr chapter 3 . 11/18/2007
Well written chapter. Poor Gracie. Someone needs to report her father. I hope there is a happy ending for her in the works. Have a lovely day.

Frostany chapter 3 . 11/18/2007
This story is going in very interesting directions. I like the character of Gracie and I can really identify with her as I've struggled with suicidal impulses and attempts, and I was abused for five years. I think you did a very good job of developing Gracie's character and also her father's.

I think one way too make your already great story even better is if you introduce even more hints of the abuse earlier in the story. I do like the way you don't know fully about the abuse unitl the third chapter, it seems to work well for your story.

I hope you write more soon, I'm very interested to find out what happens to Gracie next.
Twilight Starr chapter 2 . 10/11/2007
Great chapter. Good job revealing more about your main character.

Personally I would never use my character's name as the story title because it makes an okay title, doesn't really catch a reader's attention, and the reader knows nothing about your character so it doesn't mean anything to them. But it's okay if you do although you want a better title because it helps your story.

Good job.