Reviews for Beautiful
Thimble Whim chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Great job.. I really liked how each change in person flowed so cleanly, and especially how you tied it all in at the end. Loved it. :)
Dreaming Of Something New chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Wonderful. Just wonderful. I like how it came full circle.
Cabbage White chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
I don't know what to say. It was really good. I like these kind of stories, you wrote it very well.
Orual chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
I really like this. It's a great look at how teenagers pursue "beauty" and skew their self image. I especially liked Delia's portion. Just her general discomfort really worked well as the ending piece. If you ever go back over this, though: I wasn't quite convinced that Emma's portion was really about beauty. It might just be my preconception, but I think starving yourself of oxygen is more about getting high. The tie to beauty was there, of course, and very clear, but it seemed secondary to me, while beauty was primary in the others.

One other thing that made me pause: You didn't give (or I didn't catch) a clear indication how old Delia is. I would have guessed she was a middle schooler, but it sounds like she's in high school. I know that having Emma and Marcy there brings it in a nice circle, but I was kind of surprised. Also, I can't think of the last time I heard the sort that runs around addressing people as "Ugly" use the word "effeminate." Too many syllables, you know?

Terrific work on the whole. I really enjoyed this. It's thought provoking and reflects a whole lot of truth. Great job.
Femaleking chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I love how this story flows from one person to the next so fluidly. It's a great structure and not one I've ever seen before. The subject matter is also brilliant - I know so many people who hate how they look even though they're actually really good-looking. The last line of this - 'Just like evrybody else' really brings your point home and gives a great impact.

I also like how one of your characters is male - all too often people forget that guys can worry about their body image just as much as girls.
Tuft of Fluff chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
That was just... amazing. It was beautiful and real, in a disturbing sort of way. I started reading it and just couldn't stop. By the end of the story my heart was pounding and my head was filled with the incredible imagery. Again, amazing job.
A. C. Oasis chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Wow. This was brilliant. Everyone, to some extent, has a warped image of what they look like and fails to just be happy with the parts of their body they like. I thought this was a really well written piece on body image.
wish-upon-a-falling-star chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Wow, that was really good. I love how you connected everyone somehow. Genius!
The Outhouse chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Oh I love this.

I don't know where you get these. Seriously.

Ah. So good.

I had a strange feeling while reading this. Because I wanted to have more, but the ending was so good.
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
konban wa

*adds to favs* This was a disturbing yet brilliant piece, effectively showing - well - everything. Different ways people think they can look beautiful. Sadly, I thought that Delia was different, that she didn't care if she looked 'beautiful' or not. Unfortunately, I was obviously wrong. :(

The last line closed it perfectly: "Just like everybody else." And I love how you connected everyone throughout the ficlet and then again at the end. :) Outstanding job. I am absolutely speechless.

Gute nacht