Reviews for Cardboard Castles
Laney smithhh chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I loved this! You had awesome detail and imagery. It was a inspirational and almost sad. All in all it was good :) thanks for reading my poem btw. :)
The lone canine chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Very good, and inspiring in its own way. I really like your poems! Keep on writing as well!
Mirabella chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
This is beautiful! Your poetry is mesmerising, and i love the words and phrases you choose to use. :)

"To be an illuminated star in the murky sky exactly as I’ve eternally envisioned," - amazing.

"cardboard castles" - apt name and wonderful imagery and conotations. :)
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
"This is supposed to be my emancipation from the deceased dreams" was my favorite line, I think, though the whole poem was good in general. Nicely done )
xxNick chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Nice poem. Great use of vocabulary!
Aomera chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
really good, gripping, beautiful piece. ok just out of interest what does 'prevarication' mean? i wish i had a better vocabulary range... Wonderful imagery and use of language. Love the angel bit :D Well done. Ax
multisanity chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Lovely, absolutely lovely. Beautiful job, I really liked this one, refusing to give up despite the realization that the dreams you've dreamt for yourself cannot happen. Finding motivation in the failures around you. Once again an excellent job.
poemkitten7 chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Wow. I just always fall in love with your word choice. Simply amazing as always, Anna! Keep up the brilliant work! ) -Sara
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
I like carboard castles better than for warmth... just hte idea of cardboard castles is great.. I also really love the line you used in your summary... its beautiul... and the ending is great... especially the ... because it is a continuing quest.. great piece
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
I am speachless.. this is just excellent

Keep it Up!
Charity F chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
I think is strange... different to your normal style - so it's good that you're trying new things... But i have my reservations...

To me you haven't relaly reached some conclusion, or gone anywhere at all. I didn't really feel engaged - it sort of almost sounded like a rant.

This is strange coming from you.
Not Afraid of Bruises chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
very good :)
AuthorNinjaEarth chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
In depth and very profound. Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece with us. Excellent work!
Serious Sonneteer chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Anna,

I cannot possibly say how GRATEFUL I am for your review on my poem titled 'Fever'. Once again, thank you so very much for your INSIGHTFUL, DETAILED, ANALYTICAL, MEANINGFUL, RELEVANT, and EXCEEDINGLY SATISFACTORY commentary on my poem. I REALLY do appreciate it.

I certainly hope you're perceptive enough to sense the verbal irony here. Truthfully speaking, "Great work. Very impressive. Write on!" is stupid, time-consumming (for me and for you), and in the least constructive. I cannot see how this rubbish is going to help me at all and, if it is meant to encourage me, I'm sorry but you have failed. The intention behind your review is transparent. You obviously wanted more comments for your work, as do I and many other people using this site, so you attempted to review the works of as many people as you could in the shortest possible time, in hopes that the people whose works you have reviewed would abide by the unwritten policy of Fictionpress by returning the favour. Well I am so sorry to tell you that you have not done me a favour at all; therefore there is none to be returned. But never mind Anna! Try harder! You're doing a great job reviewing people's work! _

JC
Hunter Victoria chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
I really liked this peice of writing.

Keep up the amazing work.

[[btw I'm 5'11-6'0'' too. Dontcha love being tall? P]]