Reviews for Band Aid
lookingwest chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Hello, review from the review squad at the review marathon (link in profile)

I like the extended metaphor that you use throughout this entire poem because it's something that I actually don't see a lot of people using with their poetry on fictionpress, and so I like that originality because I never would have thought of breaking up as pulling off a band-aid, but now it seems like the perfect ideal analogy!

I also like the free-form meter you use because all the lines have a comfortably rhythm, and unlike the idea of pulling off a band-aid as quick as possible, are smoother.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Congrats on winning the Review Marathon! Here's your prize review:

I like that you started this off with "and." It gives the sense that this was continuing from more of this conversation.

Also, nice metaphor. It fits it so perfectly, it's that kind of "why has no one ever thought of this before?" things. Nice job!

[as though it will prevent my pain.] Ah, so true.

One thing I found odd about the metaphor, though. In the beginning, the persona speaks of him smashing her heart, then it switches to talking about a wound with the band-aid and the ending. The two didn't seem to connect. Maybe instead of "smashing," you could change it to something like "stabbing?"

Still, amazing work as always :D (Yeah, I'm running out of ways to wrap up these reviews, haha.)

~Courtesy of the Review Squad
XLifeIsAnIllusionXx chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Wow.

This is pretty good!

May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I loved this poem. Very relateable for sure. Peace.
Isca chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
"Please...do it quickly." We all feel hurt sometimes, but you're right, it's better if it's a quick kind of pain, rather than a long-lasting one.
night62611 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
very true statement that very few follow
Addyson chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Prize review for Review Marathon.

That poem totally tells the truth. You'd rather have more pain in less amount of time, then less pain extended for a long period of time. I liked how it sounded nice, but, I think that it could be better if you made it just a little longer. But that's just me. Great job!
XsilentXescapeX chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
lovely.
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
We meet again, winner of the holy Review Marathon! Feel speshul! :P

Okay: starting with an "and"? That's sort of weird. Doesn't feel poem-y at all. More like...dialog?

Other than that I liked this poem too! All the stanzas were imaginative and though they pretty much said the same thing, it wasn't boring and kept my attention. Well used metaphor! (see, this is how I meant in one of my first reviews! Focus on one rather than several. You'll get much more successful results) :3

Keep it up!

- Frac
Everything to you chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
So sad! But I love it nonetheless! Short and sweet and to the point.
Dormio chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Niice. I really like it. That's all I guess.
Dreaming Chica chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
I liked the refferences to taking off the Band Aid. This was really well written, good imagery!

Dreaming Chica
Sexy Vampirechick chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
I totally love this poem.I had such a powerful meaning behind those words.
smile for the sunshine chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
doesn't that always feel true...i don't know why but this reminds me of a really cute song by relient k called, "overthinking". here are the lyrics:

"i was thinking, overthinking.

there are just too many scenarios,

to analyze, you are my dream please come true...

...and i could break my heart in two

more times than you could ever do.

you are my dream please oome true."

good work. keep writing.
Blissfully Sarcastic chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
I really liked this.

Creative, very creative.

Just one little thing that caught my attention...

It's not wrong-you can keep it as it is and still be grammatically correct-just something that doesn't tickle my fancy.

Starting off the poem with the word 'and' seems strange.

That's about the only thing I dislike about this poem.

Otherwise, great job; good title; good flow.