Reviews for The Greater Jihad
loveforjihad chapter 1 . 2/5
greater jihad is to FIGHT IN THE BATTLE. no other definition.
twyx chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
brilliant poem :)
Tecna chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Forget people who flame, coz you know there will always be people who don't like your work, but those that do, it's better to think of that, because that is what counts in the end.

Anyway, great peom, written with great understanding and rhythm. Flows well, great work.

Tec ;)

P.S. I hope you enjoyed your outing, sorry couldn't be there. ;P
sincerely disregard chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
I don't know why you think this would get flames for its subject matter, it is very uplifting. Hopefully it doesn't, but if it does please don't be wounded by other people's ignorance.

Now I have to say this (and I always hate doing this when a piece actually MEANS something, but it is in my nature to critique), your poetry is very young. While the message is outstanding I think it would transfer over better as an essay than as it does now as a poem. Poetry isn't just about rhyming, it is about imagery and flow and symbolism. I don't want you to get me wrong, I admire you for putting this out there, but I really think you should consider expanding it into a full blown essay, especially since you do have those great quotes and definitions to go along with it. And maybe, if you are not so concerned about getting the poetry to work, I think you could focus more on the meaning of the piece.