Reviews for The Downfall of Adam & Eve
Edgar Wellington chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Okay so this is an interesting poem. I am not exactly sure why its labeled under politics.

Actually I think this poem is a great expression, like a scream from a voice that begs the listener to find it.

I like the "warm I-do blood". Being on the other end of this equation (a parent) it has a somewhat different aspect to it.

I wonder about "sculpted in the glory of artistic-beauty capabilities." This is either deeper sarcasm or some kind of wistfulness.

The second stanza is good in the end. I like the line "bound and broken with anle-jewelry to keep them one with the truth". It is an admission that there is a price for demanding the world let you be who you are.

What I especially like about this poem is that it goes right over the edge in the end. It reminds me of certain songs, where they start slowly, but with a tenor that does not bely the meaning of the song, and the build up and build up until the end is resounding and emotional release. The one song that comes to mind is Elton John's song "Burn Down The Mission."

Thanks for sharing and keep writing.
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Wow. Entrancing. I loved the last stanza with the swearing and the metaphors of turning milk. Extremely Original. Definitely a Favorite.
Ashelin chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
"a metaphor for those who sin-

who make crucifixes with their legs

in beds full of promise, sheets infatuated"

That reminded me of a poem I once read by Faithless Juliet. That was off subject, but I just wanted to say that.

Nice imagery. I particularly liked the second stanza.

"We won't live beneath the cover of leather-bound texts,

won't sleep beneath thin blankets of shapes, lines

and midnight-black ink."