Reviews for Because Of You
bubublacz chapter 1 . 6/4
To start if off, I always believe that there's timing for everything and it was the perfect time for me to read your story. :D

Ughh you made me scream in frustration over what Nikki was doing and spouting blasphemies of Derek! I loved the ending by the way :D It just felt right! I have hopelessly fallen in love with your characters that I feel so bad for not doing you justice in doling out those rad critique on them :( Ugghhh! I just simply can't get enough!

Thank you for making this story :D I enjoyed every last bit of it!
guest chapter 16 . 10/4/2016
Wtf? I don't know what lalaland you are living in but filming someone without consent is a crime specially under intoxicated condition. Same rule applies to having sex also. You can't have sex with someone when they are not in the condition to give consent like intoxication. Derek is a criminal and sociopath and this girl Nikki seems to be suffering from bipolar disease. Obviously incapable of making a genuine connection with someone stable. That is why she is alone in the end just not dead. I got a nausea and headache reading this fucked up immature teenage drama.
riahbear0623 chapter 1 . 7/1/2016
Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Write a sequel? PLLLEEEEEEEEEASE!?
mgaa chapter 16 . 5/16/2016
wow..it's heartbreaking...you're good...my heart is still squeezing..uncomfortably...I was really cheering them on..really really did..i wanted them to work so badly..that I was reading your story while working.(which is not good)..
I never really understood why people would call marrying coz the girl's pregnant 'responsible' or 'the right thing'..and even more confusing is when many try to do the right thing when everything is sooo wrong and instead of making it work, it just makes everything fucked up...I'm a Filipina...and here in the philippines.. we are big on that notion..but I could never agree coz it's unacceptable for me...
marriage should be about two people who wants to be together because they want to...if they happen to love one another that's even better..it should not be based on one's mistake..and then few years down the road they decide it's not working so they split...I know some people actually made it work...what's more frustrating is knowing that bitch using the unborn child to manipulate lives..that's just SICK...
I'm ranting I know...but it's a good rant...ang you're really good..so I'm expecting a sequel...coz you left me hanging...strung very high on Nikki's floor...and oh..thank you for sharing
RomanceDruggie chapter 19 . 4/27/2016
I remember reading this when it was first finished and just how I was choked up so easily because of it. Reading it again, I had tears building up from the emotions that come up. You dont have to be in a Nikki position to feel what she felt. Ive always wanted a sequel because although its always a great thing to be able to come up with your own sequel in your head, nothing beats than having the person who brought theae characters to life write one. Not sure if you have rejected it completely (though your last update said you were conisdering it, if not have it planned) but I would personally welcome one. I commend you on your writing truly, and I hope you have more stories in the works like this.

-RD
slcjnk2008 chapter 17 . 2/26/2016
Congratulations on your baby and also on this book. You are an amazing writer and storyteller and for a short while, as a reader we were allowed into Nicole's and Derek's world. And although you said no sequel, I would still love to see one; with them in an adult relationship and how they have grown. (Just a thought)
slcjnk2008 chapter 3 . 2/25/2016
I have to say it. Derek is not a good guy. He got her so drunk and then basically raped her, what kind of a man is that? However, I find this story fascinating; so on to the next chapter.
slcjnk2008 chapter 1 . 2/25/2016
This has the beginnings of a great story. I have my Kleenex right next to me.
Lucykins chapter 16 . 12/2/2015
Okay, so I finished a roll of toilet paper over this story.

First, I need to remark that I love your writing style. I could hardly concentrate on my homework during these past two days. I especially like your first person writing. I enjoyed being inside Nikki's head, reading her thoughts. Made the story much more intriguing and made me feel closer to her.

I have absolutely no constructive criticism about the story itself. It was deep and beautiful and heartbreaking. I'm very glad for your decision to drop the epilogue and write a sequel, since I'd greedily devour more plot lines with your Nicole. She's a great character. She's so authentic and strong and clever. You really constructed a teenage fictional character that's very easy to relate to.
Looking forward to see where you'd be taking her.

Another character that I need to mention is Alex. An utter surprise. I found myself liking him more and more since he provided both comical relief and emotional support to the main. Making this story a lot easier to process. So I hope you do reward him in the sequel with perhaps a new love (like in the epilogue).

I do have to say that I found this story two days ago so I read it in one shot and haven't been able to provide support during whatever happened with the reviewers regarding the non consent issue.
I don't really know what the others had written and I know you requested not naming the the drunken sex scene as "rape". I'm not sure but I think it can go either way. It was non content, especially his blackmail requests (though she did do it willingly by the first time he managed to get her in bed after that incident). But that's what you wrote, why do you need to protect yourself from it? People make stupid decisions every day, Nicole did one, Derek did a few. Maybe what people were lacking was an admission of guilt regarding that same incident. I don't know. This story is rated M and you mentioned that the theme is dark (that's one of the reasons I started reading it besides the awesome description). So why even give them the time of day?

Anyway I'm probably too late with my support seeing that you first published around 8 years ago, but yeah, good job, I really enjoyed myself. Waiting for book two.
annayh44 chapter 16 . 11/13/2015
WoW !This story was really dark with such a depressing thing Just With reading first chapter..I didn't want to keep going reading more but I did and I am proud I did it. I really would miss a great story of Nicole. She is amazing and I really really do Hate Derek. I appreciate he love the baby but he was such an asshole GOD! If I can I would hit him so bad, if he had just told Nicole without lying everything it would be much easier to keep their relationship in track but no he have to go with whole lying things and get mad. Sucks loser! I really happy about Alex hehe I don't know if in ending they are still young 27 &28 not big deal. I don't if Derek really deserve to be Nicole but if he won't be asshole, I might would like it. Ahhhh I got aching in my heart damn that's why I avoid reading these kind of stories. But in good way I got inspired by Nicole. She is...I just love her so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
madamemercurial chapter 3 . 10/28/2015
Okay, I'm going to cop to it; the plotline is way too dark for me. It's quite well written, from what I've read, but not my cup of tea, personally. The editing sparkles, it's very clean, and your style is great, so I'm going to see if I'm good with your other stuff.
Du chapter 16 . 10/20/2015
I just realised you're the writer of Beautiful Mistakes! Yes, I am a huge procrastinator and thus have the time to read many fics in a short amount of time...
I loved this story, moreso than Beautiful Mistakes (and I loved that). This story has made me cry so much. I loved Nicole's character, she was definitely not one-dimensioned, and her evolution was great. I didn't hate Derek so much as other readers I think... I really liked how you ended the story. Their relationship was doomed from the beginning to end that way, and I really like the epilogue. Seeing Nikki be successful, have her dreams come true, and seeing a ray of hope for her and Derek, now that they don't have any responsibilities apart from them... I honestly did enjoy the story quite much. I must say I'm a fan of your female characters, they have faults but they learn how to be strong and fight for what they want. Thank you for writing real stories, no clich├ęs, no fantasies (though the fairytale epilogue in Beautiful Mistakes was so sweet). Just stories like real life, where the main characters don't always have to end up together, and that's okay. Your writing is very good, too.
And just, before I finish. Rape, people? Seriously? I kept getting so angry every time I read your author's notes! People need to lear that, first off, for it to be rape it has to be the victim who considers it as such! Nicole admitted it to being a drunken mistake, and sure, Derek took advantage of an inhebriated girl - but seriously, hasn't anyone had sex while drunk and then regretted it in the morning? Nicole never said she felt raped. Therefore, there was no raping! It's as simple as that.
Ugh. Sorry, but it just really got on my nerves each time I read you defending your story.
Anyway. THANK YOU for making me feel so much just by reading. I'm off to check out your profile now :)
Du chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
Hi. I just started reading this. Very powerful first chapter. I've loved it. You even made me cry, which is a first so early in a story, so thank you for that. I'll go back to reading now.
Guest chapter 16 . 8/5/2015
This is beautiful. Really beautiful. I'm really not a crier when it comes to stories - if I do cry, it's usually because someone has died - but when I read what Cassidy said about Derek's favourite book being Wuthering Heights, I literally burst into tears. I went into this story fully expecting it to be as predictable as the rest - that Derek and Nikki would end up together and get married and have babies and live happily ever after. Though chapter 14, of course, broke my heart, I love, love, love it. This is so much more realistic than I would have first expected , and although there is the potential for Derek and Nikki to reconcile as adults, I adore that you wrote a female character who actually respects herself - that, as I'm sure you're aware, is very hard to come by. I know you must have been concerned that you're readers would have disliked anything that wasn't a fairytale ending, so thank you for having the nerve to do this. Phew, that was practically and essay but it was worth it - well done, this really is a wonderful story.
Guest chapter 19 . 6/3/2015
*Crying*

I love Alex. He may be a womanizing, trailer-dwelling, drunk but he was there for his daughter when she needed him. Thank you. For creating him. Normally I hate those kinda immoral characters but I can't help but shed a tear for this particular misunderstood father. I swallowed the rest of the drama fairly easily but I just turned to a puddle during his interactions with Nikki. It got me right THERE, you know?

Also, Cassidy's a gem. I'm glad she didn't turn out anything like her mother. Screw dat biotch.

I find it funny that I focus more on the side characters than the main ones. Hmph. Well, I'm glad that they turned out better than the previous generation. Again, thank you for writing this. I certainly was hooked for the entire evening.
797 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »