Reviews for Something Like a Happily Ever After
sugarandspice91 chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
that was...interesting. i love how the knight was a woman. :) it was so funny seeing the princess be like "...but you'r supposed to be a man!" and then the she-knight went all bitchy on her. hehehe. nice.
Respect Is Sexy chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Your first paragraph made me blink in confusion. It's early-ish xD

"Prince Charmings very rarely noticed cleavage or busts and likely wouldn’t know what to do with them if they were so presented, but princesses are a different story. Princesses are, more often than not, women." xDD

"Princesses are, more often than not, women" is my new campaign slogan!

Haha, poor Baron.

"They dedicated far too much importance to tribulations such as honor, moral code, and a strict policy against wife beating."

Parents. They never understand.

"And make sure he asks for permission.”

Are you making fun of me?

"Have him take you out once in a while . . . festivals, tournaments . . . mass?”

OMG, you're so making fun of me!

"meaning he was either of peasant stock who overcame societal boundaries to rescue the maiden fair or a total badass who didn’t do follow the man’s rules. In any case, Eve’s inner-child, which very much accounted for a majority sum of the princess’ psyche, squealed with giddy glee."

:-D

...OMG, it's a woman.

But I don't understand. Sophia gives very good explanations as to why she isn't a man, but none as to why she's rescuing her to begin with.

"Which is kind of like a happily ever after, if you don't think about it"
Inkmaids chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
You have some great humor and wit threaded throughout this piece of writing. The flow of the story is for the most part smooth enough, and there's a definite introduction and ending - ones that very discernibly parody the classic fairy-tale "Once upon a time...Happily ever after"-scheme. Your dialogue was laudable. To make this even better, I suggest the following things: 1) the correct use of sentence structure (the placement of commas will do a seemingly run-on sentence a world of good), 2) the correction of a few misused words ("loot" to "lute," "consumer" to "customer?" Etc.), and 3) being a little more sensitive to the balance between humor and the narrative. Well done!
Dust Cloud chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
A great parody on the whole "damsel in distress" concept. Man, that DOES get annoying after a while. In any case, I hope Eve died because some self-respecting person decided to put her out of her misery.

Favorite quote? "The princess mulled over what she considered the obvious answer at length and decided it wasn’t the one the agitated woman with a pointy sword wanted to hear." xD

Nice work! And I'll be better about reviews in the future, okay?