Reviews for FreeVerse Poetry
thestoryreader chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
I hate freeverse. They don't require much effort.
See, I
freeverse
poem of mine.
Agh.
maria chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
very good descritpion - that's exactly what free verse always seems to be!
Needa S chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Cool! I am always writing rhyming poetry. I have tried my hand at other ways but it just doesn't seem to work for me. Not saying I'm great at ryhming either. lol My poem (Comfort and Peace) the line- I arose on my own command. I meant I went to Christ freely no one made me go. Hope that helps on your comment you left on your review. Anyhow, thanks again for the kind reviews. Keep up the awesome work.
glimpses from an ivory tower chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
You seem to be of the same opinion as Robert Frost, who once said, "I would sooner play tennis with the net down than write free-verse."

His comment is forgiven, unlike your poem, because he actually wrote meaningful poetry using rhyme as a framework and did not rely on said rhyme to support otherwise weak imagery and depth.

Your generalizations about free-verse are far from comical. I can understand that some poets use a prose-like format for their free-verse poetry, some abandon all knowledge of punctuation, and some use entirely too much. However, not all free-verse poetry is like this.

Perhaps you believe that writing free-verse poetry is much easier because "no restrictions to it apply." Infusing poignant imagery and creating a work that touches every individual who reads it is incredibly challenging, to say the least. Writing without restrictions means that one has to rely on their own emotionally-charged perceptions and phrasing, instead of an elementary vocabulary coupled with a basic a-b-a-b rhyme scheme.

I invite you to try writing free-verse some time. You might find yourself surprised.

Julia
Engrish chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
While I like free verse poetry, this is an awesome way of portraying the "annoyances" of certain free verse poems.