Reviews for Reflected Rainbows
E. A. Tetje chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Quite the metaphors you have used in this piece and again I say well done! I will have to come back and reread this one sometime when I'm fully awake and can stop to ponder the message.

Beth
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
You seem to be a night owl ) I see something very common in all of your poetry, and that is the questioning you have of life and what it holds. Maybe you aren't trying to portray this, but it is how it seems to me. I like the tone of this poem, the rhythm was awkward yet perfect. The ideas of "rain" and "grey" and "dancing" all together gives a nice image but does not overwhelm the poem itself. Good job, keep writing.
Thomas chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Frankly, Matthew, for me to be "brutally" honest with you here-in regard to my own critical, and yet equally personalized first read & review of your newest piece, "Reflected Rainbows"-would surely only serve to embrace the opposite of what was (by my critical standards) most likely intended; all of the "brutal" elements to which I originally would have been able then offer you, have, instead, not only upheld their honesty, but also their promises for a steely, bare-to-the-bones reviewing style-while still attempting to follow doctrine that maintains there is "always" some room for improvement within your poem (beyond a supposedly reasononable doubt)-and have thus subsequently been unable to disguise themselves in anything but what I naturally feel is the true critical answer I should give, (ha, my long-winded sentences, ha) original writing itself, nothing less than words of praise. become a a long-winded a crit brilliance at its steepest, most finitely-placed, and yet entirely accurate portrayal of an idea yet finest moment
Liebchen Rose chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Deep and reflective as always sweetling.
justaguy chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Interesting piece...and, thnx for the "love to all" message in your intro. I needed that today.

You made me think of something. I started these lines years ago, but I could not seem to go further.

"Crystal blue and shades of grey,

Cast shadows on the trees."

Weird, huh? I just never have been able to add to it. I like the way it sounds.

Paco, you might want to go back and fix the spelling errors. Just a side note.

love, to you, too.

justaguy
Rose Valentine chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
I happen to like the message it says!