Reviews for I Could Have Lied
Joey chapter 25 . 7/9/2009
I love how your story focuses on the characters, their emotions, turmoils, struggles and fears. It isn't over excessive on their physical appearance and it allows lots of room for the readers to interpret and add to the character.

Excellent references )

Around the beginning of the story till probably the chapter when Kaitlin say's she wouldn't/couldn't stay if Jet asked her, I found her a little boring and 1 dimensional. I didn't think she had a lot of character, i understood she isn't close to her friends, she found many people fake (the gossiping, etc) and I guess that shows some maturity beyond highschool years, but other than that, I didn't get anything extra from her. She wasn't a fun narrator, she was almost bland, but it adds a bit to her character. She doesn't beg to please. However, when she said she wouldn't stay, that really laid down some character for me. It shows that she is strong and she is independent, even though she has her doubts.

Excellent job )

Joey
Kjersti chapter 25 . 11/20/2008
Great story. Kaitlin's speeches can be a bit stiff sometimes - I don't know any people who have that much insight (and shares it all with someone else) all the time. But oh well. You write really well, the characters are great, and this is generally a sweet story. I loved it.
ChargedPotential chapter 25 . 12/29/2007
Your story was amazing. I started reading and couldn't stop. It's 5:20 now and I'm going to need a helluva lot of coffee in a couple hours, but I can't bring myself to care right now.

Jet was amazing, and I think I fell a little bit in love with both him and Brad, but then, I'm a romantic like that.

The ending, I admit, was dissapointing, yet fitting. I was really hoping for an epilogue where they met somewhere down the line, which would probably be more sad than happy, because, hey, that's how life works. And yes, I'm well aware I'm rambling now, did I mention it is now, oh, 5:24?

Well, just wanted to let you know that I loved the story. Kudos and all that.
d666lisa chapter 25 . 12/27/2007
Excellent final chapter, but I can't believe she left him :-)
twitched chapter 25 . 11/18/2007
aww, sad ending. i mean, i knew it was coming but still. :( really well-written though, completely conveyed Jet and Kaitlin's feelings. ah, i'm annoyed i found this story so late now, but i definitely will be checking out the stuff on your website when i get a chance. hope it's as good as this amazing story.
KarmaBoo chapter 2 . 11/17/2007
just wanted to leave some more reveiws for this wonderful story LOL!
KarmaBoo chapter 25 . 11/17/2007
o..m..g :( thats so sad T.T

dam u for making it so sad, but thank you for making it such a wonderful story. LOL!

Ima go check if there's another part of it in ur page, LOL! gj on this! :D
Sundari chapter 6 . 11/15/2007
This story is the first I've seen in a long time that isn't cliched to death. I was beginning to despair of finding one, so thanks :)
Peach8321 chapter 25 . 11/13/2007
awesome story, too bad I didn't find it until now, read the whole thing at once though!

Very much reminded me of the new movie out, Across the Universe with the Beatles stuff...

anyway I liked how you tried to keep it accurate and cited things.

good luck with future writing!
Kailers chapter 25 . 11/13/2007
I have to say, this is an excellent story and it really teaches people about life and the history of that time. You are right, things arent always what they seem. Great job! I look forward to even better stories from you in the future.
Alice Heist chapter 25 . 11/13/2007
Oh yeah, look at who's specially announced in the credits.

Me!

Anyhow, loved the story, though it was a bit depressing there at the end. But, you're right. It couldn't have ended any other way.

So, yes, I'll be hitting up that site, no doubt. I really adored your work, which is rare at a site where anyone can post any variety of crap. So, the good ones stand out.

I am looking forward to that trilogy.

And, yeah, I'm so nautical, it's insane.

My email: musicality11 gmail . com

Except, minus the spaces.
twitched chapter 24 . 11/11/2007
wow, i just found this story and i love it so i thought i'd better tell you so in a review (and that you're rad obv).

that was a pretty amazing paragraph in the last chapter, i have to agree.

this story is just so well-written, and realistic - not just in the facts of the time period, which you seem to have researched really well, but also the relationship between kaitlin and jet seems to grow and progress so naturally, you know? i dunno, i'm not really being clear.

anyway, i'm v glad i found this story and i hope you update soon.
d666lisa chapter 24 . 11/11/2007
That was a brilliant paragraph lol. Please update soon
rachel chapter 23 . 11/9/2007
Love teh story and how you back up everything with facts (the section/code law for emancipation was a bit much, but at least we know your stuff is real). i love the background and the environment. great stuff, seriously. keep it up!
d666lisa chapter 23 . 11/9/2007