Reviews for I Can't
PoetOfSaiMiHunManKal chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
Although the specific context of this poem is vague (which allows the reader to make multiple interpretations), I quite like how you structured it and explored the concepts of anxiety and stress as well as resisting the inevitability of an undesirable event. The lines "They say it's my duty as a writer/Yet this night keeps getting lighter" was particularly well-written in my opinion because I can sympathize with it as a writer and how ideas never seem to flow into our heads when we need them the most.
MockingJuliet chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
If this is based on real life, im really sorry for your lose. This poem was beautifully written and I really enjoyed reading it. It flowed nicely and was straight to the point, which I like.
Unknown Sorrow chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Who died? Or did you just get inspired by something you saw? I wish you well if someone close to you died.

Back to the poem. Very deep; beautifully written. This poem definately has meaning that is so much more than "skin deep".
Evera19 chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Interesting I liked this one.
Alisoun chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
First, let me say that if this is based on fact and you really did lose a friend, I'm sorry for your loss.

Second, this poem was beautiful. It's simple and understandable and says what it needs to say. My friend once said to me: "Write on, write on, even when the story stops, write on..." So I hope you do too.