Reviews for Differences
Atenea217 chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Ohh this was so incredibly beautiful! Wonderful narration. I just fell in love with the story, with them both... and with grandpa.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
"You're too tall" - the second time - had me crying right then. I couldn't keep reading the rest of the story through all the tears, no matter how I tried. So, I had to take a minute. I managed to finish the story through fresh tears falling at each remaining sentence.

Great story. Left me with a smile - yes, after all the tears :)
Froggy-One chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Oh my... This was so sweet. I love it! I really really love it!
Everything was perfect. I am not sure how, but I am positive it was the way you wrote the entire story; from Jacky's character to his mom to his Grandpa. A tear or two slipped down when his Grandpa talked to him after his mom's call; I fel really mad at his mom too! I mean, what a bish :c
Another tear also fell when I reached the last part, about his Grandpa passing away. Even if it was subtle and not that detailed, it still managed to make my feelings die a bit.
Ken was adorable! And tall... Really tall but cute xD

I really love this story, as I stated before. Keep on the good work!

See you!
gib.mir.kuchen chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
sweet story, sweet sweet sweet fucking sweet story :)... when i was reading it a giggle a fucking giggle escaped me :P... the story was really good...
lucy chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
AWWWWWWWW! that was adorably cute
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
This story is a gem. The setting is very well presented, effortlessly put in place but very specific and evocative. The characters are well sketched; in fact, the small details that reveal a lot about their characters are very well chosen. All in all, in my internet browsings, this piece is most firmly literary fiction, by which I mean fiction written with the strength of the best writers.
JudasMonster chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Oh gosh. I was so scared they'd drift apart and it was all just fickle words.
NormaJean Beausoleil chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
really sweet. i love the "you're weirder than a foot fetish" line. :-D
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
this was just so DIFFERENT! i loved it )
RawrImaDinoKitten chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
It's... It's... It's so good!

*cries because Grandpa died*
SecondStoreyStairwell chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Woops! Sorry! My sister was logged in on my computer so the last review you received was actually from me, lol

This was the review, btw

One of the sweetest stories I've read in a long, long time.

My favourite part was the understated affection between Jackson and his grandfather. It nearly brought me to tears.
Greennathaniel chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
One of the sweetest stories I've read in a long, long time.

Sit In Solemn Silence chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Um, wow, this is probably the sweetest thing I've ever read. And I'm not shitting you here, this is amazing! Grampa was pretty much the most bad ass character ever, this was a oneshot and I cried when he died! And over all this story was really emotional. It was slow and summery and it completely zenned me out... yea, ok that was a weird comment, but true. Five thumbs up and a popsicle cuz it's summertime :)

oh and ps- I love the idea of a strong bottom/uke/whatever
Tigaroo chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
I don't know why, but I REALLY like this one.

I mean, a lot.
Aime Atem chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
This is quite lovely. It reads like poetry and sunshine.
42 | Page 1 .. Last Next »