Reviews for here's to the night
Otakuami chapter 22 . 1/29/2021
Usually I am not a fan of rebound relationships, which the guy was clearly pursuing with that other girl. I liked how it captured the toxicity as well as the beauty of a love that was budding between the both of them.
It's as if the cigarettes were a physical proof of her hate due to him changing. The thing that they had was ambiguous but I am glad that they got the happy ending she longed through out the story. It's like an unstable yet can't let go of love in their youth kinda love story.
Sakurachibi08 chapter 22 . 2/5/2011
Thank god! Nothing happened, YES!
Sakurachibi08 chapter 16 . 2/5/2011
Oh crap, i don't know why, i just have this feeling either the guy or the man chick are gonna get like, dangerously injured or the dude is gonna die, i don't know why though, gut feeling...
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 13 . 4/16/2009
Gah! Then why doesn't he break up with the other girl! I'm just screaming at him in my mind, hehe.

-_-:;

GoneAndDeleted chapter 2 . 4/9/2009
I love how descriptive this chapter was because it gives more detail but I dislike how short the chapter seems to be.
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 4 . 4/9/2009
S'me again~

I can totally imagine each chapter I've read so far being played out on the pages of a comic - dunno if anyone has told you that yet. Maybe it's the simple description, or the sparse yet angsty speech?

Digging the grittiness...this stuff truly comes from the heart.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 3 . 4/9/2009
Using the car as an extended metaphor...nice. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Also like the way you link fire with the other character - once again in few words, you've managed to capture the essence of a character...kudos!

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 2 . 4/9/2009
Once again, your style has urgency which I like, no doubt from the story taking place in the present tense, and I do like the how you ended the chapter with a cliffy...

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Oh wow, I love the poetry in your words, how you can conjure up so much emotion in so few words, and I also love the lack of names.

GoneAndDeleted chapter 22 . 4/9/2009
I like how this chapter is so loveydovey but I dislike how you don't seem to capitalize at the beginning of each sentence.
concerto49 chapter 22 . 3/10/2009
The sentences make things drag on. It's too long, has too many clauses and the whole pieces feels a bit like a run on. Punctuation and all would help too. It feels a little messy. You have the ideas and there's something there, but it needs a stronger finish and a bit more depth to it. You need to explain it more and explore it further. As of now, it feels a bit weak.
Dot Cubed chapter 11 . 3/6/2009
Ah, this chapter makes me kind of sad. I hate how she's gone back to him even though I think he's contributing to her destruction; although he's not abusive in any way, he's just jerking her around and he doesn't understand it. He seems very innocent and young to me; much different from the boy I think we encountered in the first chapters. It's a very nice change in his characterization; in most stories, I would expect to see the bad boy remain bad, or even get worse.

I really liked the last two lines, too. Very powerful and poignant.
Dot Cubed chapter 10 . 3/6/2009
I think this is my favorite chapter, so I'm really glad I decided to read beyond the four you requested! The emotion in this is very raw and perfect. It really makes me feel for your main character and it really does feel realistic, like this could happen in actual life.

I like the way that their skinniness represents how they're all falling apart. In some ways it's a very trivial thing, but not eating seems natural considering their situation.
Dot Cubed chapter 9 . 3/6/2009
I like the motif of smoking that you've included through this whole piece. It's obvious that the guy has some issues with it (maybe his brother died of smoke related issues? that's my belief, anyway) and it gives the guy a lot of personality and depth.

I think it would be interesting if you explored why the girl started smoking. I'd like to know that story, because although her parents seem sort of absent now, that can't be the only reason that she turned to smoking. In fact, I'd like to know her motivations for a lot of things-I think it would really round her out as a character.
Dot Cubed chapter 8 . 3/6/2009
i like the devolution of their relationship, and how the main character realizes they're devolving while the boy is once more oblivious. It seems very natural and very real, like this could actually happen to real people.

Another thing I like is how the boy doesn't have any dialogue in this chapter, and we're just hearing it from the girl. You can really see her tone in this, and how exasperated she is about the whole situation.
71 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »