Reviews for I was a child
pearl4444 chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Oh my gosh, this poem made me cry. I was also there on 9/11, and I lost my mother and my father in the Towers. It almost described me to a T. I should stop talking about myself now, but your poem really gave me hope that I really can get through this. I don't think words can describe how true and touching this poem is.
Sobriquet Queen chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Sorry its taken me a while to get round to this - I've just gone back to school this week, and I haven't quite for my options right. I have to choose three or four, and the system is really cruel. I got stuck with history, maths, chemistry and geography. Ugh. Anyway... the poem.

I love it. Naturally. I always do.

And actually, I completely understand every word, completely agree with it all - I was ten and a half when it happened, and the sentiments are identical for me, and I'm British, not American.

Funny though: my history course does more American history than British. Odd. German, Russian and Italian too, but two units of USA to one of those three, and one British.

Still, I love the poem.

My apologies for the fragmented, distracted review - I can't concentrate on anything really today.
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
konban wa

Touching. It inspired me to write my own poem on the subject, so thank you. Unfortunately, I haven't been inspired to write poetry for a little while already. :( So thanks for giving me the jump start I need!

Reply to your PM: Okay, so - the king ended up being his father? Why didn't he know who his true father was? And what was this thing you mentioned about a curse or something - like a curse coming to fruition or something?

Gute nacht

-Shan-

P.S: Forgot to put you on author alert last time, so I almost missed this poem. Have to remember to do it this time...