Reviews for Carved in Arsenic
Orange Oxymoron chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Seems like something against misogyny.
Firetrap chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
Well, the vocabularly used here was atomic. It was a metaphor city as well, which I absolutely loved. The title was beautiful, catchy and sophisticated all at the same time. I think you could really be something one day. ;)
Wear Me chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
you are amazing

you know that?
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
I love your work so much, it's unbelievable how mature your writing is and your only 15, my work is completely immature at moments and you are slightly younger than me so what is that to say about me, Ha. Reading your work is one of my favorite things to do and I simply can't wait for another posting, keep it up! Never stop writing!
fairytale failure chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
You have incredible use of vocabluary, really, it just stuns me. You use such beautiful words that they almost must be sounded out loud (I mouthed along as I read it!)

I especially liked the phrase 'mural of selves', that is a really unique thought.
Bonjour Skitty chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
:D :D :D :D

Wow. The imagery here is positively, absolutely gorgeous. No getting around it. You've got to be my new favorite author.
diffident chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Wow wow wow, I think that's all I can say. This is lovely. So raw and harsh but at the same time, there's a delicate beauty beneath it all.

marie
felicia13 chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Dear Stephen,

I think you may be my new hero. And you're only 15. Shocking.

This is very... I don't even know what it is. It's written beautifully. And it doesn't rhyme. Plus two.

First stanza: "bleeding slowly and meticulously,

tribituaries of permanent venom" Plus three.

"dissaude her from thinking she is better

than the men whose shadows she basks in." Mixed feelings on this one... score stays the same.

Second stanza: "The mirror,

a splash of realism across a mural of selves" Plus a billion for truth and description.

Third stanza: "A hazing of disbelief, while she etches the word

'poison' across her thigh, in thick black ink (from the midnight sky)

to remind her that her mind is merely inundated with the pleasures she's stolen

and the significance she's smothered between her legs." Plus five, minus two. Added points for shock factor; negative points for what you're implying.

I think that brings you to a billion and eight points. Congrats.

Truly, I love your style, even just from this one poem. I don't usually do a point-based review, but I thought I'd make an exception.

Felicia.

p.s. I think your pen name is wicked. Take it how you will.

p.p.s. Your poetry goes well to MCR.
HenneyBuggyBand chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
the first stanza is very strong, my favorite part.

great work.