Reviews for Disorbitation
emily R chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
tinuod jud! galing mo namang gumawa,.. hehehehe,..

nabasa ko nga pla mga articles mo through emily,..

hehehehe,..

keep it up,..
M. L. Mason chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
its true lol, every time ppl study hard, and i'm like "FOR WHAT" if you die tommorrow they won't help you. I am quite clever but i don't go home and study every night. you get one life, live it. Grades are not everything, as you say. its like the first years of your life are there only so you can make money. To buy a house. I don't want a bloody house, i'd like to be free to do
bookworm925 chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
A well written reflection of what is really lacking in the people of today.

"Grades, in the end, are meaningless, because when one looks back to one's own past it is not the grades that he will remember but the relationships that have built up and have made him or her who he is today."

I totally agree. The people who were with you during your stay in the academe, your experiences there, and the relationships you had made are the stuff that molded you into what you are now...

Reading this piece made me remember what my dad told me. "Yes, you excel in your academics, but can you apply these things in your everyday life?"

Then again, I think I'm just looking for a scapegoat because I'm lazy... :)
derisive snort chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
A nicely written peaice, and a point well made. To make it stronger you probably shouldn't doup yourself. "maybe I'm just making an escape."

However, I have to compeletly dissagree with you. In this modern world academia ias very important, becuase your not just working a job and living on "the streets."

If you have no concept of biology how do you respond to news and ballot measures about genetic enineering? If you know nothing about the atmosphere how do you know what they importants of global warming or the ozone layer is?

If you know knothing about the political structure, how can you be a part of democracy?

If you do not have basic understandings then you can too easily be fooled into believing one groups view.

The people must be educated becuase this is a democracy and it depends on the people.

Plus, forgve me for being an idealistic college student, but I think that there is a certain inhancement of life that comes with understanding things.

p.s.

I don't mean to rant. I'm an idealistic college student I sometimes come off overzealus.
JC chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
A beautifully written reflection. Indeed i agree that the world has lost the sense of what is truly important in life. Few know it, even less believe in it and practically no one talks about it. This is simply because it seems so mundane as it is right in our faces. The subject in itself if interesting but the way you kept my attention to read it with examples and flourishing words was great. Keep thinking, even if you don't have to know why.