Reviews for Milky Way
midnight tales chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This is brilliant. Stunning. Wonderful.
jenxrawr chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
this is very beautiful.
autumn sea chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
This is amazing.
livvy88 chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
Wow. Just wow. I don't know if anything I could say would do justification to what I want to say, but I'd like to let you know that I've not read a story like this before and I thoroughly enjoy it. If I am to guess, I'll be coming back here often and re-reading it. It's beautiful :)
TechnicolourNurd chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Really beautiful.

This is probably my favourite story on fictionpress.
whacked chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Wonderful. really wonderful.
Written chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
wow, just wow. I'm not eloquent enough to explain why and how I love this story, but you should know that I do. it's amazing. it's like... everything i love about sci fi, so deep and beautiful and strange and yet absolutely human. loved the idea of writing something real and being real versus what is not real.

made me think; thanks!
OneLastEndeavor chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
This was a wonderful read, very well penned. The whole story resonates with this sort of existential philosophy. I'm not entirely sure how to pinpoint it. I especially liked this line:

"There are at least one hundred billion galaxies in this universe, ninety percent of which is formed from dark matter. But there is only one astronaut who doesn’t feel quite real."

Your writing is exactly the kind of writing I can appreciate. It's not filled with fancy words simply for the sake of sounding like you know what you're talking about but within the surface-level simplicity lies a strong, abstract message. Great job.

Now for some critique. The formatting on some parts threw me off. In the two sentences I quoted above, I don't think the second like should be italicized. Also, I didn't really understand the Darth Vader reference. To me, it kind of threw off the flow of the story. One minute, you're talking about Darth Vader's past and poof! He doesn't exist. I don't feel that you really needed a Star Wars reference to highlight the "inhaling a detached world" point. I found that little section a bit TOO abstract.

This has become quite verbose. Overall, I enjoyed reading this. Very nice ending! You're a gifted writer. Cheers!
xLilly White chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Eh! Sorry sorry for not replying, I sort of got uber-scattered and had to fish myself back together before remembering who to get back to, and how, and when. :) You know, you totally put me in a Pink Floyd mood after that pm; I don't usually listen to them alot, but now I can tell you that yes, they ARE one of the best bands EVER... after Ghinzu, and also , and Robert Wyatt- ah, actually... I'm not sure. Then again, I hate to classify things, and those guys have next to nothing in common.

(I'd opt for Animals, too. How to be insanely good at writing absurd music that makes sense only to those who are as absurd as said composers; which pretty much sums you up, and me, and a few lucky others. XD)

Anyway! I know, you've posted a new chapter on Sanctuary and I've read it, but I'm still simmering in this mood that you manage to create for me; I'll tell you what I think of that second chapter later. ;) Now, THIS piece... wow. You totally have a gift of understanding when it comes to robot/human relations- it's almost like there's an entire subtlety to it that everyone else is completely missing, and you've got it, just right there, pinpoint, like a needle through a butterfly. Gah, you make things sound so... perfect, delicate; I like how you arranged the text, too. It's pretty neat how you said that "the realist thing he could do" was "write a story". I adore all the little moral contradictions you place here and there- the metaphors that need no explanations, the expressions you'd never thought would've had a place where you've put them but somehow, no other expression would've made the same mindboggling effect. Ah, and the story with the astronaut... how should I define what it evokes? It gave me shivers.

All I can say is... I hope you're still writing, because your works blow my mind to smithereens. Heck! You make me want to become a film director, just so that I could ring you for a story and make the most abstract, senseless, beautiful, metaphorical/allegorical/completely incomprehensible film the world has ever seen. Kinda like... Mullholand Drive. Yeah, the atmosphere is sort of like that in your fics; only, more lyrical and decidedly much clearer.

Looking forward to more! Take care, and all. :)
Nemonus chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I like this on better than the first. The robot is standing at his love's doorway and fleeing, like many boys have done, and the astronaut is standing on a hill looking at the stars, like many people have done, but the switch of settings and the words you use make these things epic. I thought that the addition of 'Darth Vader' was jarring at first, but you used such a powerful fictional character as a powerful metaphor. This whole thing can be read as metafiction-whose creations are real?-which I love.

And the astronaut, the Thinker, dies of comparisons. Very interesting...

And he's the character, of the author from "Once upon a time there was a boy!" Fantastic!

The last line is amazing. You oughta try and publish this. I think it's amazing.
Frore chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Gorgeous! Very metaphoric - this story reads like prose, which is how I like it. Your sentences are not tedious or telling. They all give impact to the story. Great work!
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
I kind of wanted to cry when I read the ending. I love how abstract you are, how your ideas are absolutely non sensical yet make the most sense of anything I've ever read. So completely amazing. I loved this work to such and extent that my god I don't know what to say. All I can redo is re-read and add it to my favorties.
t-t-t-ouch chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Oh, wow. Stunning, captivating, beautiful and needy in a way. I love it. Its shocking and just wow. A new favorite.