Reviews for Shadow of the Golden City
aberlemno chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
I read a few of your poems and this was definitely my favourite (not that the others weren't good too), I love the line about 'tiny bright-winged ideas.'
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Excellent piece, Matthew! Sorry I haven't been on to review anything lately. The descriptions in this are absolutely fantastic. I can picture it all so clearly in my mind. I agree it's one of your best pieces so far. "Tiny, bright-winged ideas thump / Against the windows we have closed" excellent! x
miscellanea chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
The imagery is very pretty although I don't really understand it...I don't think anyone can fully appreciate some piece writing until they've experienced similar emotions, no? I shall ponder this poem.

-diamante
E. A. Tetje chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Beautifully writtenm this piece made me smile.
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
You have this ability to make things flow very nicely. Everything reads beautifully, but the poetry itself is very raw and real and it's a good combination. I liked "I have seen the buildings here/I have climbed their stairs and gazed out their windows/And a great emptiness opened up before me/Shimmering cities of glass and metal filled with people". It's hard to find talented poets like you on this site.
jag2004dudeyahoo.com chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
I like it, my friend. I have been there, too. Loved it. Love everything that you do. I am a devoted fan, always. I smiled at the tiny, ideas thumping against the windows. I wish I had thought of that.

As always, you are a favorite. What more can I say. You make me see it. You make me breath it. You make me remember that I have been there, too.

Yours, jag