Reviews for Fireflies
Erisah Mae chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Poignant and bittersweet- this story is about life. The image of the main character about to die through suicide, yet all he can think of is his life- the beautiful memories that make up any person's tapestry of experience.

The input from the son at the end was a good note to end on, although it left questions unanswered- why was this expected?

The positive enigma is a great ending.

Nice.

Erisah
criti-sized chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
This is a very nice and compelling chapter. I'm not sure if it's a one-shot, or has a few more chapters to come, but by the way it ended it sounded like a one-shot.

Instantly at the beginning I was pulled in by the older man's narration, then when he started to describe his wife and how they'd met, I liked it more.

There are the parts where your dialogue should be double spaced and isn't, but the story other than that is great.

C.S.
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
The poor grieving elderly man. He reminds me of my grandma after she lost her husband of FIFTY-TWO years to pancretic cancer.

I'm interested in seeing more.

Good luck with writing and this story.

~Twilight Starr~
Nick Makon chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
I wasnt expecting that at the end. I should have been i suppose but didnt. This is very well written, i could see what you were talking about as i read. I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

~Write On~