Reviews for Muse
Awed and Raw chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Yes, this is just what I wanted to read. So much said with so little 's so carefully prosed and raw at the same makes me want to cry, childishness of The 'You' character is clever since he? comes of as selfish.

I can't express in words what I feel, that would be long and 's just say it doesn't hit you in the gut, it hits you in the heart
Zoeyy chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
amazing... i love the first line
Annie Jane chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I've read this multiple times, and I swear that I reviewed, but going back now and checking, I see I didn't. For that I am sorry. Now on to the review.

Just wow! This drags you in right from the start. Just with the starting line, "You called him Grace. Grace had a mistress. And I'm his lover's wife."

This on its own did not mack sense when I first read it, and still doesn't make sense. This causes you to read more to figure out what it is meant to mean.

I cannot find fault anywhere in this story. It's like it has been written so perfectly, that nothing could be more correct in any way.

It's a truely sad story that I wish I could constantly read. Annorexia is a horrible disease and I feel sorry that Gace had to live with it.

There is no possible way for me to correctly express how much I love this piece of writing. That being said I will wrap up this review so I can find some more of your work to fall in love with.

Annie
plushdeath chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
The most perfect thing I have ever read.
DeathMetal18 chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Wow. While reading this I couldn't help but think of Dean Koontz's "The Darkest Evening of the Year". In his novel, as well as yours, there was the strong feeling of mystery and insecurity. I didn't entirely know what was going on, but I wouldn't stop reading until I did. I love that in a story and you pulled it off well, great job.

-PFC Suarez
we make fire electric blue chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
That was impossibly sad. You're an amazing writer with undeniable talent. I'm sitting here, on my lovely squishy bed, so stunned that I can hardly type this review. I don't know how you do it, but you manage to say so much with hardly any words. Wow.
Eliza Daring chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
So melancholic. An eating disorder truly is a mistress, and the cruelest one to take.
tinglingsensation chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Your story is so beautiful...and yet so sad. You made the atmosphere melancholic, and the reader (well, me) is able to feel it. That's always great for a story. I have absolutely nothing to complain about, and this is going straight to my favorite stories.

I love your writing style, and the POV. And the name used, Grace, is absolutely fitting for a dancer. The metaphor of "mistress" used for Grace's anorexia was great, it explained how deep he is into it. I'm very, very impressed.
Kneecap chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Hmm, to fangirl or not to fangirl?

I'll let you off this once.

Righty; well, obviously it was stunning. The switching between pronouns did make it a little difficult to follow, but that's wholly to be expected.

My favourite line by far was: "The coldness of the window glass became your comfort". A nice contrast and it was effectively used.

The ending paragraphs concerning the description of anorexia nervosa were outstanding but at the same time ratehr nauseating. "fingers in between his ribs"? (paraphrasing I think) That really made me shudder.

I did love how you denoted facts throughout and the narrator had quite an impartial judgement on matters throughout most of it.

I suppose I could do with a final, bitchesque remark, so here goes: it did come across as being only the slightest bit preachy, for example, were you trying to infer an intrinsic link between grace and anorexia nervosa? Perhaps it follows through as an indictment against contemporary celebrity culture and the means through which one must achieve it? A microcosm of a pan (global) society?

I should like to say that I didn't actually find the piece preachy at all, nor could I actually find anything about it that I disliked, I just thought I'd look for potential problems, just to make it seem like I wasn't being overly generous; an effect I've somewhat ruined now.

Anyway, it was brilliant and I enjoyed reading it!
HellOnToast chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
This was beautifully written and kind of spooky :) Si I automatically love it.
synysterxdeviant chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
-is in awe- gorgeous.
KnittingKneedle chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Wow, I thought that this was fantastic.

The way you tackled the subject matter was really wonderful,

interesting the way you looked at the four people in this twisted love affair...

I loved the reference to dancing throughout.

I got a great feel of both Grace and the husband, but I thought the narrator was rather passive, very much a victorian wife sitting at home, seeing much more than her husband would give her credit for- it was sad and terribly infuriating at the same time.

I would have liked to see Grace's anroexia referred to a little more, I probably missed vital clues, but it seemed to come out of nowhere and didn't affect his dancing at all...

great job really!
Alteng chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to return your kind review for Bane. I have ran into multiple problems.

Anyway, this was a different piece, I have to say. Somehow I didn't think that Grace would have had a problem with anorexia, and that kind of came as a surprise. I thought that he may have been making his way with the narrator. That would have been a bit twisted, but too expected, I guess.
andsoitgoes chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
This was brilliant; simply and utterly.

I loved how it kept you guessing, even though it wasn't very long. I'm pretty sure I read it about six times before I came to the conclusion that I should add it to my favourites, haha.

It was amazing.
Ergot Dancer chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
Good first line. It's bluntly expressed, but demands enough thought to assure me that it's worth my time to read on.

I like the stilted, almost minimalistic style, and the way it reflects on anorexia - that your prose is stripped-down to the skin and bones of expression (while still remaining vivid), and whether intentional or not, it accentuates the story almost perfectly.

"It was she who dragged him over the stage and filled his dreams." I think your use of 'dragged' here makes it apparent that something is wrong with Grace a little too early, I think. Personally, I'd suggest replacing it, but it's hardly detrimental so I suppose it's ok either way.

"I don’t know which one of you were stolen from me" I think that should be 'was' instead of 'were', but I'm not certain about that. It just sounds wrong to me, as it is.

"in the omitting grandeur of the studio" I'm fairly sure that this makes absolutely no sense. Maybe 'in the grandeur-omitting studio' would be better? Although it still doesn't make much sense, because I don't see why you'd wish to tell us what the studio omits. Unless you meant 'emitting'? But since I don't know what you're trying to say here it's difficult to offer any suggestions.

"I knew you did." Unless she has subsequently changed her opinion it should probably be 'I know you did.'

I love the way you use repetition.

The way you gradually approach the whole subject of anorexia and its personification as the mistress is, ah, sublime, to exaggerate only a little.

There's really not any even remotely substantial criticism that I can make. This is wonderfully written. There is a depth to the characters that you manage to demonstrate in only a few words.

And now I've run out of things to say, so, yes, this is definately going to be favorited.