Reviews for Pray For Her Idolatry
012323232 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
that a jagged jaw

is nothing more than a prayer for a tooth

that line is incredible

usually metaphors are pretty and not much more,

but this one really permeates
Scarlett Wynter chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
This is pure genius. I wish I could write so beautifully...
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
Oh Jesus. Reading this was akin to having a Gothic laced hand smash through my wall-sized mirror and grab my throat with frenzied intensity. I have been reading poems all day, and none of them even come close. You use words I only dream of. You craft whole universes in 91 words. Everything is perfect. I can't explain it.
rippinghouse chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
just by the title i could tell i was going to like it.

please ignore my past review, where i mentioned something about you being the first male poet i've seen on here (even if it's true), i was slightly intoxicated.

this is beautiful. i don't have a favorite line because i can't choose. breaking tradition, i know. ]

there is a real clarity with your imagery here. and the "spectrum of melted sunsets, and bleeding citrus" paints some really nice colors.
caralita chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
stop being amazing. your words are beautiful. and i miss you. and i wrote a poem haha, your writing inspired me to do so. something i haven't done in ages.
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
I love your vocabulary and word choices. It makes the work come alive.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
'Bleeding citrus' is beautiful. If you've ever read . , that reminds me so much of some of her poems.

Yes. Second stanza's best. I'm not sure where it was going, though... maybe it's better that way.

Felicia.
she smolders chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
You always write with such conviction and I feel like I could taste/smell/touch your words. That last line is a tear-jerker. I love this. Take care.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Oh my God, that is just perfection. Your use of color in this is just incredible. Every line is just so perfectly placed, and this is truly an example of using the best words in the best order. Favorites. Gorgeous. Keep writing! :)
by His blood chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
this is fucking brilliant. i especially love:

'in cold beads of sweat fucked thrice / and frozen over /'

'writing,/ but maybe to sew her skin on before morning,/

before yesterday's skeleton retreats back/

to his spectrum of melted sunsets,/ and bleeding citrus./'

'links nostalgia to her throat,/

and convinces herself/

that a jagged jaw/

is nothing more than a prayer for a tooth.'

the imagery is raw&flawless as always - your writing style amazing as usual - keep writing. i adore your poetry. you are definitely one of my favorites here on fictionpress. i can't wait to see more from you.