Reviews for Romantics and Robots
effervescent-sentiments chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
I'm a bit iffy on this one. I think it's the forced wording- it makes it feel cliche and used.

I'd suggest sticking to the sweet simplicity your other poems have, because at least that was endearing. :)
kelsi bones chapter 13 . 2/7/2008
It's crazy to think how much you can move on with out even realizing it. Seems like you're almost there.

k.X
babyimbadnews17 chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
i like the inversion

in the second sentence,

and i must say that the robot thing makes me think of this great song by the flaming lips...'one more robot learns to be/something more than a machine' haha. its great.
heresyisforlosers chapter 12 . 11/13/2007
Love this. I hate saying I know exactly how you feel but I do. Beautiful poetry. Flows nice, good message, amazing word choice. You need to get something published.

s..t
NothingMoreNothingLess chapter 12 . 11/12/2007
I love the first part, because I can totally relate to the feelings in it.

"Right now I want to slash you with my words,

I want you to bleed and I want you to show me proof

that you can feel, that you have emotion

Because either you keep it all inside

Or you really can’t feel, after all."

That just made me want to cry, because I've felt it all too many times.

And...

"Opposites may attract,

But they can never understand."

... is so true. It's put in very simple terms, but it packs a punch, and makes you look (and think) twice.

Cassandra
Nonya Soum chapter 12 . 11/10/2007
Finally got around to reading every poem in this and they're all so good. I like simple some are, then others are longer and more complex. This most recent one shows so much progress and emotion. It's like reading a movie with all the time lapses only better, of course. This is becoming a great collection. Wonderful job!

Write on!
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 12 . 11/10/2007
konban wa

I like how you used the quote, "Opposites attract," to end off - with the little jab to it: "But they can never understand." I actually couldn't agree more, which is why it's a bit odd that people say that all the time. *shrug*

"and one day I will have a real boy / (and he will write me poetry)" - Ah, I love this line, the "and he will write me poetry." So sweet and romantic. I'd want a boy to write poetry for me. :)

"(But I showed you my poetry / And you told me about some fucking rabbit in the moon.)" - What's this talking about?

Loved this!

Zaijen

-Shan-
creepy kiss on tuesday chapter 4 . 10/28/2007
hey, so, i love you, ok? youre a great poet. just thought id put that out there. i love the last stanza, and the last line of the first
creepy kiss on tuesday chapter 3 . 10/28/2007
:'(
creepy kiss on tuesday chapter 2 . 10/28/2007
hahahaha this is so many of the people in my life. i just like them because they amount to beautiful poetry. lol im just kidding but that is mostly what i get out of most of them.
Stella Grimshaw chapter 10 . 10/20/2007
Wow. I loved the title of this, it was so abstract, and at the same time made me curious. The poems were fantastic (even though they had nothing to do with robots) I loved every single one of them. I especially loved "clouds".
Calligrapher of Hearts chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
Marvellously succinct, and I adored the juxtaposition in the title of something so organic and warm against something so cold and synthetic. Wonderful o)
painting andromeda chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
Short poems always amaze me; I could never do them effectively. This was carried out flawlessly; the short format is compensated for by the meaning and eloquence. Keep writing!

Stay well always,

Stephen
she smolders chapter 8 . 10/14/2007
There's so hope in this and so much depth in the simplicity of the second verse. This one is my favourite so far. Take care.
she smolders chapter 3 . 10/14/2007
Oh, I love how strongly bitter the last word reads, especially since you can tell that there's real hurt behind it too.