Reviews for Mise en Place
franny221 chapter 21 . 1/30
Fuck. This is at least the 10th time I've read this story, and I still cry every time. The emotions in this story really resonate with me. I hope someday Alfie will have his resolution, but until then I'll be here, a blubbery mess :)
Preposterous chapter 8 . 8/23/2013
Alf is such a good boy. :)
Preposterous chapter 3 . 8/23/2013
The A/N scared me a bit. I loke Alf. And Ryan. Alf and Ryan together would be great.
indy chapter 21 . 7/29/2013
this is a wonderful story. i think i like it second-best just after your 'Nerves' 3 oh... bur the setting is probably better in this one - so amazingly complex 3 3
pterodactylion chapter 20 . 7/9/2012
Did that sound offensive
It sounded offensive didnt it
I meant it to be Alf's position in his life. Like on a ladder. And he's desperately trying to move himself from that one spot to progress, or even decline, so long as he moves, but he just can't change his outlook or mind set.
pterodactylion chapter 21 . 7/9/2012
Do you know how loudly i screamed when i realised this was incomplete
Let those decibels translate into how many people want you to finish this story and exactly how sincerely they do.

Take your time hahaha

Also some more similes for you:
If this was visual, it would be raw, blue, macro, non-static. Always moving, trying to change, but still of the exact same content.
YellowCandy chapter 21 . 5/23/2012
Hey!

Just wanted to tell you how moving this story is. It is so well written. You sure have a talent to descibe feelings. Really beautiful - just like your other stories are.

Waiting for the next chapter! )
Tinyyellowboxes chapter 12 . 5/17/2012
I will read this story every summer until the year I die. Everything about it is perfect and it will always be my favorite story of all times. Thank you for writing it.
halgirl chapter 21 . 1/21/2012
I love this story !
magnanimousSquirrel chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
Poor Alf. Peter's a jerk. I hope he gets a raise so that he can get out of there quickly.
Loa chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
That was the best first chapter of anything I've ever read.
thelastfloorup chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
this has to be my favorite story possibly ever. someday I hope you make it into a book so I can buy it. No price is too high for owning this!
Leon chapter 21 . 4/22/2011
I miss this story ): it's one of the best i've read, ever!

are you ever going to update?
no-ones-puppet chapter 21 . 1/3/2011
So the better part of my weekend has been spent reading this story and it's because I could5 put it down! It's made me laugh and then cry and then start the whole thing all over again. Plus I love the way it's written! The pov is amazing... A little of both 3rd and 1st... Does that make it 2nd? Anyways it's wonderful and I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE you finish it... :)
fynnagin chapter 21 . 11/2/2010
This story is pure brilliance - fluidity and wittiness and lovely imperfection of the human spirit. My reviews for this story don't seem to make sense as I can never seem to find the right words to express what it means to me. Either way, I feel as if I've reviewed this story already but i can't remember. I'm reviewing again because I was suddenly swept up by this story for the umpteenth time as it's yet to vacate my head and heart and I felt the need to draw some for it. I'm rather disappointed in my attempts...I've yet to really start experimentation in the arts of real inking and watercolor and less cartoony character art, which is the form in which I would display this story if I of the moment had the choice. In time, I promise you I'll get there. I've pledged to myself to really begin serious practice in said media and with Alf in my head to urge me into portraying him properly on paper I'll hopefully be inking and painting a lot more of him and his world. I'll post them as well, if you have any interest. With that said, and ironically enough, I've forgotten what Alf looks like. I read the story a long time ago it seems... oh to sigh. either way, here's a cartoony attempt at Alf. I made his hair black. skwimpy./#/d3229r8 probably to review again sometime in the future - Hope your day was lovely.
347 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »