Reviews for Mise en Place
fynnagin chapter 21 . 11/2/2010
This story is pure brilliance - fluidity and wittiness and lovely imperfection of the human spirit. My reviews for this story don't seem to make sense as I can never seem to find the right words to express what it means to me. Either way, I feel as if I've reviewed this story already but i can't remember. I'm reviewing again because I was suddenly swept up by this story for the umpteenth time as it's yet to vacate my head and heart and I felt the need to draw some for it. I'm rather disappointed in my attempts...I've yet to really start experimentation in the arts of real inking and watercolor and less cartoony character art, which is the form in which I would display this story if I of the moment had the choice. In time, I promise you I'll get there. I've pledged to myself to really begin serious practice in said media and with Alf in my head to urge me into portraying him properly on paper I'll hopefully be inking and painting a lot more of him and his world. I'll post them as well, if you have any interest. With that said, and ironically enough, I've forgotten what Alf looks like. I read the story a long time ago it seems... oh to sigh. either way, here's a cartoony attempt at Alf. I made his hair black. skwimpy./#/d3229r8 probably to review again sometime in the future - Hope your day was lovely.
Fantasy101 chapter 21 . 8/20/2010
Aw! He came back! I almost hatted him for a moment or two there! lol. I can't wait for more
meep chapter 21 . 7/29/2010
Poor needy Alf.

I continue to love your writing :)
Josie chapter 21 . 7/21/2010
I was deliriously happy to see Mis updated! At first I had thought it ended with last chapter, and felt a little robbed. But someone said it was still a wip, and now I'm just chewing my thumbs waiting for more. The angsty emo is fantastic, it gives me shivers... I love these characters!
HJimm chapter 21 . 7/19/2010
your writing's amazing! keep it up yeah? :)
Violent Orchid chapter 21 . 7/18/2010
I loves this story. ehrm, I mean I love this story. Sorry, the cutesy speak just slipped out.
rnbld chapter 21 . 7/14/2010
Um. Can I marry your writing? Pretty please?

I'm a little in love with this story. Well. A lot. I'm not going to be all "UPDATE NOW" but um, update now please? You seriously have idea how happy finding a new chapter of this story makes me :)
Handsome Devil chapter 20 . 7/13/2010
I was looking for one of my reviews for Mise En Place and I couldn't find any. :S I'm pretty sure I've read this a million times and have reviewed millions of times too. That's pretty strange. Hmm...

Anyway. Since apparently, I've never commented on how amazing this story is- I love Alfie! Oh so much! I remember reading the beginning and just feeling his depression. I made the mistake of thinking that guy he used to be with was one of his friends along with that girl commenting about them. I thought they were all just joking around with each other. And that "ghost boy" was an endearment or something. Boy, was I wrong. And when I realized I was wrong, it hit me so hard, the realization. Basically, what I'm trying to say is your work isn't just words on a page, it's like reading minds or something else as personal. I feel as though I can relate which doesn't make sense because I've never been in Alfie's situation.

Ahh, you're amazing. I love all of your stories. I'm starting to feel like a stalker. _ I hope you update Lifelike soon and The Other Man and maybe write a new story and maybe update the other account's stories and maybe, um, marry me?

:) Thanks for the update.
Handsome Devil chapter 21 . 7/13/2010
aww, poor Alfie. I really felt the pain coming off the page when he thought Ryan had gone. I almost cried myself. I'm glad Ryan came through. :) This chapter was the cutest thing ever. I like Ryan. I like Ryan a lot. and I hope things continue going well for them.
bird chapter 21 . 7/13/2010
ahh i'm so happy that you updated this - i think it's my favorite story out of all of your's. i absolutely adore alf - and i'm rather picky, too. the whole story is just brilliant. (:
Vaguely Amused chapter 21 . 7/12/2010
Aww Alfie!

I love his inner turmoil over everything! Ryan is so cool about it!
Chibko chapter 21 . 7/11/2010
Oh Alf, you make my heart hurt for you. I wonder if Ryan feels the same way, mixed up with affection, and perhaps something else.

I love this story.
thistlepaws chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
I'm so glad you updated this story. It's probably my favourite out of all of your stories. I felt so bad for Alf in this chapter. The title really does say it all. He has no expectation that anyone, Ryan included, would want to stay with him. I'm glad he seems to be wrong.

Thanks again for updating!
Vera Dicere chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
wow. you had me verging on tears just like darling alf. i kept hoping maybe it hadn't even been ryan that alf heard leaving or that he'd just ran out to get something, but part of me was just as scared as alf that he was just gone. poor boys. i know it sucks for ryan that alf doubted him, but such doubt is usually indicative of bigger trust issues, which alf obviously has. here's hoping ryan can help with that.

i'm still loving this story; i was really excited to see an update in my inbox tonight! excited for more, whenever it comes. :)
Taisi chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
The first half of this chapter saw me reading quickly with an expression of horrified disbelief that Ryan would just up and -go-...

and then I sighed in relief and sat back (rather smugly, I'll admit) 'cause Ryan wouldn't ever just -leave-. But how can I be mad at Alf for thinking he would? *loves them both* I really hope Alf gets a happy ending... though somethow I don't think it'll be as easy as all that...

Another awesome chapter! C: Your updates can really brighten my day.
348 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »