Reviews for Mise en Place
DeeDot chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
I always have to read the last couple of chapters to get into a story again, but in this case it's always a pleasure! Alfie's thought processes always seem so "real". Amazing work, as usual. You just made my day with this update.
Tinyyellowboxes chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
AW! Ryan's such a sweetheart! I. LOVE. THIS. STORY.
LynLin chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
This was fantastic. I felt so terrible for Alfie, but Ryan pulled through. I can't wait for more!
Muthine chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
Oh YAY, I was hoping *so* much there'd be a note like that somewhere. All of this warms my heart, it was a very very welcome moment
The Sham chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
YES. I was hoping that's what you were up to when Ryan left without warning. And I'm super glad for an update. My muse is being a stubborn bitch atm and when I can't write, I read, and your stuff is good reading. Keep it up!

Also, I want fish and chips now. :(
plumblossom chapter 21 . 7/10/2010
I love the martin hitting the window just like Alf!
Violent Orchid chapter 20 . 5/23/2010
wow
Violent Orchid chapter 5 . 5/21/2010
Just thought I'd warn 've completely changed perspective in this chapter. You went from narrative to first omniscient. Your main character is no longer speaking about stuff, he knows almost everything that's going on. Maybe you were going for that effect, maybe not.
Chompchow chapter 20 . 5/4/2010
Oh boy. The latest chap of this story is super hot, but I still feel incredibly sad for Alf. Poor guy, ughh. The end of chapter 3 was the most painful, made me almost cry. And sob, the thing about his father suffering from dementia makes it even worse.

I really hope this story'll brighten up!

I also have to say that the way you're writing this story helps keeping my concentration. At first I wasn't like... getting it in my head, but then I started reading it properly - uhm. let it sink in and stuff - and I really enjoy it. Sometimes I can even taste the seawater or smell the kitchen.

I really love it , I hope you'll update soon.
kepteinen chapter 20 . 3/3/2010
Hot damn. Just.. wow. I love this story so much.
nennella chapter 20 . 2/28/2010
Awesome chapter: I really love your style. Poor Alf, he has so many hang-ups: I'd like to give him an hug.
Rooftops chapter 20 . 2/16/2010
Well it was worth the wait. I love the mixing up and changing of the sexual roles- getting the sense that even when Alf is physically dominating the proceedings, he can't quite get a grip on the mental processes, and that is what makes him so desperate and fucked up. And yeah still loving Ryan.

The only thing that put me off was the last line, because it reminded me of that film Babe, with the farmer telling the pig at the end 'that'll do pig, that'll do.'
overlordpotatoe chapter 20 . 2/10/2010
You always manage to supply the good readings. I finished reading this this morning but I had to go before I could review because I was already running late because I wanted to finish reading. I'm am kind of really tired now though so my brain isn't putting together much in the way of anything helpful to say except I enjoyed reading this! I should check if there's anything else of yours I've not yet read.
kazoua chapter 20 . 2/6/2010
Guh. Took me forever to get to reviewing. But! I'm here now so here it is.

Something about this chapter was different. Not the whole... you know... fact that they're doing the dirty. But something else. It's more like the way Alf is narrating. It's not as self-depreciating as it usually is. There is still some, okay, a lot of it. But it's not as prominent as the actions and the feelings and the descriptiveness of those sex sensations.

I still love him lots and I hope he gets happiness! But strangely enough, I don't hate Greg enough to wish hell on him. Huh. I just don't want Ryan to be, you know, stuck on him anymore. Alf has to have a little happiness in his life, rightie? Why not make that happy aspect Ryan?
methosdeb chapter 20 . 2/3/2010
wow ,I just read your story Mise en Place up to date and I was in tears it was so sad .I just wanted to take Alf away from all of that heartbreak .I can only hope that Ryan will not be like the others and hurt him .The situation with is dad is bad ,he needs to get him help but I don't imagine they have a lot of mental health places there .
348 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »