Reviews for Mise en Place
Rosie chapter 20 . 2/1/2010
All I can say is, Wow. I have just read this story from the beginning and I am totally hooked. Thank YOU!
Eleonora-Egrene chapter 20 . 1/31/2010
I really love Alf's voice. It's poetic without losing the story. Even in a (relatively) short chapter such as this, when it's been awhile since I read the previous chapter, and don't remember exactly what happened, it only took two paragraphs to be inside the story.
thistlepaws chapter 20 . 1/29/2010
You are one of my favourite authors but I wouldn't allow myself to alert you as such until I actually reviewed.

I've stumbled across your work via a recommendation for "With Intent" on Livejournal about a month ago. Since then I've read everything you've written and thoroughly enjoyed it all. My favourites are (in no particular order) With Intent, Out of Bounds - loved the humour in these two - Mise en Place and Lifelike.

Okay I lied. Lifelike and Mise en Place are my absolute favourites but I think that's because they're not complete so I know I'll get more of them.

I really enjoy the internal narrative of Mise en Place. It's a difficult way to write but you do an amazing job.

I've never felt so much empathy for a character as I do for Alf and I'm totally immersed in the story.

Cheers.
Chibko chapter 20 . 1/27/2010
Oh Alf.. Reading this I felt caught between sadness for his situation and the way he's thinking about himself and about Ryan throughout the entire scene, and happiness that Ryan does care, that he's not really as alone as he thinks. Though, who knows how it will go afterwards... I just hope that Ryan will defy all of Alf's expectations and actually show he cares.
TopKat chapter 20 . 1/27/2010
ugh what is it about this whole story that seems so desperately sad? i love it, i love alf, i love ryan, but it's still fundamentally sad. I like the tone to it, though - cold and salty ahah. This was really lovely but, like i said, with that undertone of melancholy. I don't mind though, i think that makes it what it is - without that, it'd be too simple.

Kat.
Sonja chapter 20 . 1/27/2010
I can review without being a member of FictionPress? I never realized before: otherwise I would have reviewed this a long time ago...

To tell you the truth, I adore your stories. I'm currently reading this one and Lifelike, and I've read and very much enjoyed other stories of yours before. What I also enjoyed was this chapter, of course. Alf and Ryan are, in my opinion, really interesting characters.

I really like the way you build your characters and bring them to life. It's like each story, with its own distinct narrative style, is truly built around the character and his own view of the world.

Ah, sorry to be gushing like this, I guess. It's just that even though I've read your stories a lot, I've never reviewed your work before, so I just wanted to express my gratitude. :D
OHMY chapter 20 . 1/26/2010
THE BEST YET.
Fantasy101 chapter 20 . 1/26/2010
No Alf you silly things! Ryan better be in love with him! lol. I can't wait for more! Glade to see the update
dbz-fan-jess chapter 20 . 1/25/2010
*can't log in*

But good chapter. Alf fights himself so much.

Loved it.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
MAGICAL.NARRATOR chapter 20 . 1/25/2010
This was so completely worth the horrid, terrible and atrocious wait.

]

I missed your writing like i missed presents on Christmas. I LOVE how you scrutinized ever single little detail in this chapter. Not one of the senses were left uncovered and the style of writing for this story makes me feel like I'm in Alf's head, experiencing everything he is [...sounded less perverted in my head].

I think I'm running out of ways to express how amazing this story is (and you too, of course).

Breathtaking, as always.
Taisi chapter 20 . 1/25/2010
Ohh, finally. C: Very nice; I loved how you wrote it, it was almost poetic. xD

I wish things'd change for Alf-for the better this time, y'know? He's dealt with much more than I would have. I'd love for him to get out, but I'd love even more for Ryan to get out with him...;_;

Anyway This update made my day! Thanks a bunch for the awesome chapter, can't wait for the next.
frogs of war chapter 20 . 1/25/2010
Even this taste of something beyond what Alf has experienced before, makes me feel for him.
Tinyyellowboxes chapter 20 . 1/25/2010
Indeed I'd say you fixed the flat and unconvincing! You're characters are some of the most fully developed, well rounded, creative beings of fictionpress. I missed this story so much! Thank you.
The Sham chapter 20 . 1/25/2010
OMG U SED MAI NAME IN UR STOREE *fangurl squees*

Honestly, I think this turned out perfectly. Hot sex, Alf stayed just this side of in control (emotionally if not physically :P ) and you've still got it to where you can take this any way you want. Kudos and cookies for your awesome writing skillz.

x
plumblossom chapter 20 . 1/25/2010
OKay! I wasn't expecting it to be like this. Full of nice surprises.

Alf still doesn't get it, though, and I don't think Ryan does either, but that's for the future, isn't it?
347 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »