Reviews for Sympathy For The Zombie
Schizophrenic Unicorn chapter 25 . 7/17/2008
I love your story, update soon _
Dellarose chapter 25 . 7/17/2008
MEOW! You return again! Oh happy day! :D

Okay, so I normally don't wake up very early, seeing as it's summer, but today I woke up and I was like "dude, why am I conscious?" but then I checked my email and BAM. I am awake because the cosmic forces wanted me to read this immediately. I dropped everything and read.

Richard Matheson, anyone? I AM LEGEND? Whee. I really loved it, as per usual. I feel like Lily has matured a bit. Sort of. Still quirky and wonderful, but definitely more mature. Connor was a great addition. Wacky, loved the bit about the expensive sunglasses (somehow, that spoke volumes of his character) and the part about the bacon was pretty funny…until he got creepy about “running through partners like crazy”. Was that a cannibalistic undertone or have I just gone insane? Still, gross, but I have to admit he has won my love by being a criminal puppeteer.

The part with Aiden was superb. I was wondering if Lily would find him in this chapter or if her journey would take her a while. Really glad she found him, because the lego line was genius. Oh dear god, please keep writing.
Underground Soul chapter 25 . 7/17/2008
I love this story, it's realy interesting, and so original.

Gald you soon please!
That One Dork Stacey chapter 25 . 7/17/2008
WOW! I didn't think you'd ever update :[ but im so glad you did. And thanks for the Recognition in your Author's notes in the beginning of the chapters :]

You had me going for a while. Before you made it clear that Connor was a little scrambled-minded, I thought that he'd become one of Lilian's future possible love interests lol.

And. I dont want to be someone to point out your mistakes or anything but I just noticed a few things :[

In the Sentence,[A little after Lil mentions picking the crust Zombie's blood from her body] "Footprints in a patch of thick patch of grass caught my attention", was 'patch' supposed to be repeated? and I noticed that in,[like four paragraph/sections down] "..The tinny sounds the staircase made as I traveled down it gave me chills..", 'tiny' is mispelled X_X

But, Mistakes or not, This is STILL one of my favorite stories. I love it. :] I'd give you a cookie for updating but I can't. :]
John Westcott chapter 7 . 7/2/2008
"jagged with shadows" - a really nice use of words there. Love that line.

"Squinting, I leaned forward and peered at the hill on the other side of the river. A dying sliver of sun could be seen peeking over the hill. To my horror, a tiny silhouetted figure appeared on the top of the hill. Soon more joined it until a large group had assembled. I screamed for Aidan and within seconds he was by my side.

He handed me the .22 wordlessly."

Also some great stuff there. That is classic horror right there. Well done.
John Westcott chapter 6 . 6/13/2008
As I read this particular chapter I was for some reason reminded of "Shaun Of The Dead", perhaps it was the ending of the chapter, I'm not sure. That's a good thing, by the way. ;)

Your Whedon-esque influences continue to shine through and you make them your own, rather than a straight copy, which is fantastic.

Well done.
rinfais chapter 24 . 6/6/2008
I have a tendency to shy away from zombie-related stuff, not unless there's loads and loads of some species of humor injected in said zombie-related thing.

The laughs this story elicits makes my curiosity worth it. The story itself is so very awesome. My eyes swallowed it.

I look forward to your next chapter. c:
Once upon a smile chapter 24 . 5/13/2008
this story is immense! Love the characters... please keep up the great work!
Dellarose chapter 24 . 5/13/2008
:O No! OH MAN. Gah, I can't even form a coherent review. I will weep until the next chapter. Weep with the tears of a tortured soul.
That One Dork Stacey chapter 24 . 5/12/2008
*gasp* No way! :[ b-but..but that chapter was so short :[ U cant just leave me hanging :P damn those cliff hangers :[ it was just getting good...-er :[
RandomActs chapter 24 . 5/12/2008
Wow, I would really like to clap you on the back for this one, very good! It is amazing how you can go back and forth between lighthearted sarcasm and thunder-clapping doom with out effort and believably! One thing though, would someone please brush Ashley's hair?
Jack Argyle chapter 23 . 5/4/2008
For such a long chapter it seemed to breeze by. Very good work, I can't even come up with some random simile to compare it to.

Aidan is possibly the most complex xharacter and yet you find ways to make him even more complex. Surely his past will be revealed to a full extent sooner or later but right now, just dropping little tidbits like you did in this chapter is gold.

And I still can't figure out how Lillian can keep her attitude in such circumstances. If I was stuck in a zombie-riddled city I would most likely just scream and hide all day. Or be dead.
Kotahoff chapter 23 . 5/1/2008
alleksy my dearie you've done it again. Love it. It was a very well balanced chapter. Just the right amount of action, drama, emotion, plot development, and ninja-tude. Other than a few errors inspellng and conventions it was perfect. I think you like forgot to put a word into a sentence like twice.. I dontknow. Oh well ttyl!
Dellarose chapter 23 . 5/1/2008
My mind has been blown to Austria.

Seriously. No more brain for wee Della. Just empty space.

That was the best twenty minutes of my seventeen years so far.

Well, maybe not really. But it was the best twenty minutes of my day so far, and let me tell you, I have had one seriously mind-blowing day. But now it’s all water under the bridge…water that has been polluted with your sheer awesomeness!

Ha, I have stopped making sense. What I’m trying to convey is—youSFTZomgzombiesatemybrainamazing.

That was some finger-liking-good zombie action. (And eww, the phrase “finger-licking-good” makes me want to puke.) And Aiden’s all “Whoa crazy.” I’m waiting for him to snap. _ And Lillian just rocks. She’s like the embodiment of all of my favorite people, I believe. Like my friends, and Oprah. Yeah, she’s just like Oprah…

Anyway. You should update again with this long of a chapter (and I would absolutely MARRY YOU if you update again this weekend). I’m so proud of your 5,0 word count! Go Aleksy! And nice Ed on your profile! OH ED!
That One Dork Stacey chapter 23 . 4/30/2008
Ahww :[ You forgot the "e" :] but its ok! Im just happy you updated! More More MORE! :]

Me likes .