Reviews for Sympathy For The Zombie
Dellarose chapter 21 . 4/12/2008
AHMAIGAWD. You were right. That was one hell of a chapter. I love how the scene can go from nail-biting suspense to 'ewLillianlickedhishand!' Who knows the last time that hand was washed...

And then that dirty bastard stealing their rocket launcher. Meanie man. Dirty evil meanie man.

And then Ralphy shooting him. "Bulls-eyes"? I LOVE RALPHY WITH MY WHOLE HEART. Hehe. He’s so cute and adorable wit his wittle gun.

And then Aiden being all quasi-terrorist? WHAT? Totally unexpected. I nod with approval at this twist.

To wrap things up, I love you. Keep it up. Allow me to kick the ass of anyone not reviewing this story. _ Hugs for you!
Dellarose chapter 20 . 4/4/2008
Salute! AGH! Now you bring in twists? Why is Aiden so mysterious with his little plan, innuendo, box, and so forth? What could be up there stairs? Does anyone actually like Lillian? Why must I love Mr. Ralphy? Why?

I'm so glad you will be updating every week. Hella excitement!
Dellarose chapter 19 . 3/31/2008
OMIGOD, OMIGOD, OMIGOD, OMIGOD.

1 Dellarose loves you for all eternity and then some. AND THEN SOME MORE!

WHE! Excitement.

Okay, okay. Welcome back! We missed you so much! I luf you too! SQUEAL!

So I love this turn in events. I also liked how this chapter picked up on a different note than the ending to the last chapter. I love it, I love Aiden, I love Lillian, and, of course, I LOVE MR. RALPHY.

I’m too excited and filled with glee to ramble more about how I love things, so I’ll just stop now. Here’s a very long version of the word ‘ROAR’ just in case fp deletes it from the review.

ROAR.
Neat chapter 2 . 1/13/2008
Hurray for funny people!

Congrats for catching - and holding - my attention. Neither are easy to do, but I'm really interested in your story.
Jack Argyle chapter 18 . 12/12/2007
Alright, I know this review is...15 days late, but hopefully that won't cause you to discard it. Because you shouldn't, as you know my reviews are going to be filled with nothing but candy and praise.

First off, I'll comment on how well you're balancing the genres here: you are balancing the genres very well here. Seriously, I may have said this before, I can't remember as I have the memory of a fish, but the way you go from humour to action and horror is great.

Of course, this continued in your update and will no doubt continue for updates to come. And the characters; they are in a bitch of a position aren't they? Here's hoping that all will go well for Lillian and her compadres. And even if things don't go well for them i'm sure i'll still be entertained.
Twilight Starr chapter 18 . 11/29/2007
Nice addition. Aidan looks really sick. I hope nothing bad happens to him. Keep writing!

Leinnansidhe chapter 18 . 11/28/2007
WHOAM'GAWD. WHOA. ACTION. ZOMBIES. RAWR.

In other words: I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS CHAPTER IT WAS FULL OF AWESOMENESS AND EXCELLENT WORDING AND DESCRIPTION.

That cliff hanger at the end made me say, "Oh...oh my." YES. I LOVE ZOMBIES AND I LOVE YOU.

"Soon the door was thrown wide and we spilled out of it like water." Yay similies! I like this one especially, and I love the way you can go from funny to serious without missing a beat. Fantastic. FANTASTIC.

Anyway, yeah. Marry me~
Twilight Starr chapter 17 . 11/27/2007
People were infected-wow. That doesn't sound good. Nice update. This story is amusing and I haven't seen anything out there quite like it. *applauds*

AnnoyinglyClever chapter 17 . 11/26/2007
hehe. Love the toothbrush conversation!
Jack Argyle chapter 17 . 11/25/2007
Aww, my cockles are being warmed. Tis fantastic to see I made thee happy with my small, mostly unnoticable reference. Although small, it was full of intention and isn't that the most important thing?

Now to your shiny, happy chapter holding hands. It is funny. I don't know why I can't find a better way to express that. Honestly, it's a great morning for me because I've read quite a few funny stories, and yours, naturally, keeps up this streak of excellence.

Now update soon or when you get back home you'll find nothing but some burnt remains where your house use to be. This story is making me psychotic. Well done!
Dellarose chapter 17 . 11/24/2007
Aleksy, how I love thee, but on a serious note: OH NO! I have a bad feeling—a very bad feeling—about poor Aidan. Oh god, that would explain the story title! NAY! Don't do what I think you're thinking of doing! Or do, and create the most fantabulous tragic story ever created by (wo)man. Ek! though. I’m scared.

Onto the positive side!

“If I poked him?”—classic. I laughed, obnoxiously.

“Maybe it would behoove me to consider the merits of silence.”—Behoove? I learn a new word every day. -

“Hm.” I said intelligently.—‘Hehehe’, I chuckled astutely.

I’m so glad you’ve updated! I love SFTZ (to be pronounced like SIFITZ!”)/you/Ralphy/Lillian/disfigured fingers/clean teeth.
Elliot Hart chapter 2 . 11/13/2007
This first chapter seemed like a good opener, though I am mystified how this will end up taking me down the path of zombies. I'm sure it will happen in a good way though - as good as yo can get with zombies. There was sme great imagery in it. I felt that you could take some more time to phrase certain parts.

Example: "He gestured at a guitar case propped up against one of the stores a few feet away," Could be more along the lines of, "He gestured [to his left]. My eyes traced down his arm to where he was pointing. My sight landed on a guitar case, which was propped against the wall of a nearby store."

With this, you can add more to the story. It makes it feel more rich, adds description, and puts in more words for readers' eyes to greedily (Because readers are, by their very nature, greedy creatures) survey.

Also, I noticed that you took a wrecking ball to the fourth wall. In my opinion, this works very well with introductions, conclusions, blurbs stuck inbetween the meat of the story, and so on. I don't find that it works well in the actual story.
Twilight Starr chapter 16 . 11/8/2007
Nice addition. I can't find anything else to say. Thanks for your reviews. They are appreciated. Have a wonderful day.

Jack Argyle chapter 16 . 11/7/2007
Sorry about the large-ish gap between my reviews but I got distracted by a sparrow before I could finish up to your latest post.

Now that the sparrow's gone, however, I can tell you how sweet the action is getting. Your references to 90's Japanese cartoons also brought warm memories flooding back to me.

And although the last chapter was 'humorless', as you wrote, I still smirked through it. Does that make me wrong as a human being? Not the point I guess.

Enough from me, you have a good day then. And keep writing this whenever you get the chance.
AnnoyinglyClever chapter 16 . 11/6/2007
I've gotta say that the zombie descripion was one nasty ass thing, man. So, kudos.

Can't wait for the funny to return though!
238 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »