Reviews for Over You
zoule chapter 14 . 6/19/2008
A very sweet story!
Shannyn chapter 12 . 6/3/2008
Hey, I just wanted to say that the text Adam messaged her said "me & nikki broke up", and I think u meant "me & meghan" ]

Other than that, I like the story! D Especially the relationship between Callie and Char.
Lyona chapter 14 . 5/28/2008
I'm always excited to discover stories like this one. The story line may not be the most original (then again - what romance storyline is?), but the characters are mature and thought out and the passages are detailed in all the right ways. I can't tell you how excited I was that I didn't come to a point in the story where the female lead's reaction was so over the top (sarcastic, especially) that it took me out of the story - in fact, I was pleased to find there were points that felt really honest.

I loved it - keep writing!
rlyn chapter 14 . 5/22/2008
I just finished reading this for the second time in under two days, and I'm actually getting off my lazy arse to review. It's that good. (:

The dynamics and flow between all the characters are really believable, River and Charlie and Callie especially. And I adore River. ;D

Keep writing, I can't wait for more! I'm about to hop over to your other account now. x3
CaFFy chapter 2 . 4/27/2008
I like River. :D
Jazzisabatmanfan chapter 14 . 4/26/2008
This story was awesome. I love this song and the use of the lyric as chapter titles.
HelloLovely chapter 14 . 4/25/2008
I really liked this story and I completely agree that people need a little cheese in their lives. D

Prime Example: My dad has already decided that I'm going to meet my future husband because I'll be walking around with my nose stuck in a book and a guy will be walking the opposite way as me with a briefcase, a coffee, and in a thousand dollar suit. Needless to say, I walk into him, he spills the coffee all over himself, and we fall in love. Hahaha, I like it, and it is full of cheese.

Love,

Becca
rjdickert chapter 14 . 4/24/2008
very awesome story!

~rjdickert
StarEyed14 chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Great first chapter. I just loved everything about it.

-StarEyed14
kendralyn chapter 14 . 4/18/2008
Loved it. I thought that it was interesting that while we heard a lot about her pain after Adam dumped her, we heard almost nothing after River dumped her. I thought she should wallow a bit more.
Belle Femme chapter 14 . 4/12/2008
wow...i love this story...its my absolute favorites and you having each chapter named after the chorus line of Chris Daughtery Over you.

I actually want to cry right about now. the ending wasn't cheezy at all. It was perfect.
Belle Femme chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
i read chapter one and i already love it!
Angelwings chapter 14 . 3/17/2008
La la la la love it! haha good job! Put up a sequel! i need to know more! haha great ending. i loved it!
MZ PEACHESZZ chapter 14 . 3/16/2008
AH put SOMETHING up! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this story- and it's SO MUCH better than your other stories( not that they aren't adorable too.) I think the appeal with older characters is that there is that element of believability. With high school students, the whole love factor, unless done realistically and even then, can suspend our fantasies and the grim realities. Sure, there are high school sweethearts; but more often than not, they break up and college becomes a long distance thing- both in a physical sense and even if they do somehow attend the same college, there's that need to expand, grow and mature which can sometimes means, grow out of a relationship and explore new things. Also, high school stories come with the whole overused high school setting- the "cliche" groups( jocks, cheerleaders, geeks, etc.), classes, teachers, restrictions/boundaries and it just doesn't resonate as well as a college, out of college story does. These characters have gone through the whole first love, or at least have had relationships before; they understand a lot of things; sex isn't as huge of an issue- it's getting beyond all the awkward firsts or other things and just getting to the real relationship and developing that. It's not about losing your virginity to your first love but what the physical intimacy would mean in your relationship. I love how they can spend their nights together cuddling or spend a chill evening eating takeout and watching cheesy movies- it's a "grownup" thing that doesn't come with high school stories as well. It's also just more interesting! I love reading about characters who are in their mid twenties- it makes their relationship so much easier to accept and love. That said, PLEASE PLEASE write another story! I understand you have a new one up on your other account but maybe another mature, loveable story on this account! I LOVE RIVER!
FreeDaChickens chapter 14 . 3/6/2008
I love this! I read it all in one sitting. It's just so good I couldn't stop reading. :) River is so cute (and I definitely called that the first time his name was mentioned ;) . . .) and he and Charlotte are so cute together!

I only have a two complaints - the first one about her mother leaving and her hatred of Christmas. You only mentioned the former very briefly, and it felt like you were really just using it as an excuse. I think the story would have been better if it had been left out completely - it gave it a fake-angsty tone (sort of a 'my life is bad because my mother left us and that's all I ever wanted for Christmas' but not quite). And her hatred for Christmas just seemed cliche and immature. You focused on that but it didn't really add anything to the story or her characterization.

The second thing was the length of River's crush/obsession. It just didn't seem very realistic that he would have had this crush on his friend's younger sister for so long and not acted on it. I think it would have been better if she had a crush on him for a while but his was more recent, or something similar. I guess I just didn't really connect with it.

Anyway, I loved the rest of your story - especially your characters! Alex was very cute, in a puppy-dog way, and I was really happy when he and Callie got together. The dynamic between Callie and Charlotte was so realistic and amazing; between Charlotte and River was so cute. I loved all the things River did - with the flowers (and the singing telegram!) and everything, all made me laugh.

I loved this and can't wait to read more of your stories!

FreeDaChickens

PS - I wasn't sure if you knew, but you've got automatic reviewing turned off, so if someone's not logged on, they can't leave a review. Just letting you know, because it's probably limiting the number of reviews you're getting.
383 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »