Reviews for Over You
Annie not Annabel chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Hola! I'm Annie, the judge for the Girl and Best Friend category on A Drop of Romeo, a site that reviews the best love stories on Fictionpress. Over You has been accepted and the review has been written :) Here it is:

Honestly, when I first received this suggestion, I kind of held off on reading it, for a couple of reasons. One, because I tend to shy away from non-high school or college-centered stories, and two, because the plot was so ridiculously overdone and the whole fake-dating thing is hard to pull off. But the author, verita, writes it perfectly. It's a bit different from other stories like this, since the line between "pretend" and "real" is blurred from the start. There were many stomach-flipping moments combined with those lines that make you go, "Oh, snap!" The main character, Charlie, is one of the only not-annoying characters I've seen in a while. She's relatable too, and has a backbone. And River-oh my gosh, River-is, like, the real-life Prince Charming. He's somehow both unbearably sexy and adorable at the same time, and I love how his devotion to Charlie is subtle and not obvious to everyone else but her, like it so often is the case (which is not realistic at all, B-T-Dubs). There were very few major characters in the story, but it never got boring. Although the beginning seemed a bit unnatural with Charlie pouring out her feelings first thing, and sometimes the dialogue was a bit unrealistic, I'd recommend this story to any love-lovers. The chapters were the perfect length-short enough to keep your attention, but long enough to quench your curiosity. Plus you'll be going "Why can't this happen to me?" several times over, I guarantee.
foxyricanlady chapter 14 . 9/9/2011
i just came accross this story and i loved it... but i see you havent posted anything in a long time i hope that change soon because i really enjoyed your style in writting
non.graceful chapter 14 . 7/13/2011
I loved this from chapter three to the very end :)

Personally, the relationship should have been more... Longer? You could have brought more things into the story by having more chapters...

Overal it was great... Chapter two and one were let downs... It wasn't until Rier entered that it did get more interesting ;)
Candescence chapter 14 . 6/21/2011
Ooo...I love how you incorporated the lyrics of the songs into the chapter titles. Very simple, yet creative. This story was very cute. Cliche and all. Good job
Lissya chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
Hey, good story so far but you may want to watch the passage where Charlie is speaking to Callie, because you substituted one name for the other at one point.
Astarael-11 chapter 14 . 6/13/2011
Um oh my gosh, this was seriously one of the cutest stories ever. It really was very good. I loved your writing style and I could definitely see the different personalities of all the different characters (and also the hotness of certain characters ;))

I just really loved the whole concept and Adam was such a jerk. I can't believe he was playing two people (and I really hope that the guy who did this to you as well got his just desserts because it's never cool to do that). I'm glad Charlie found the right guy in the end and that Callie wasn't too put out by it.

I loved Charlie's mum, she seemed so cool. Hehehe, I love it when the parents in stories know that the main characters should've ended up together from the very beginning.

Anyway, I know you wrote this a while back but I hope you've found someone nicer than 'Adam' and that you have indeed found your 'River' because, let's be honest, he's one attractive man (even though he's a fictional character but when did that stop a crush?)
Violet-Madness chapter 14 . 4/27/2011
I'll start off by saying just how awesome this story is. Basically, super awesome. I loved the characters, *Loved* River, and loved how none of this story seemed contrite or stupid or fluffy or silly. Callie's like an actual person, not a cardboard cutout of a friend you find in most novels (agh, the 2-D BFF!) and all of your characters are perfectly fleshed out. You took a best-friend's-brother story and turned it into something magnificent. Kudos;D
SunsetRainbow chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
this story is amazing.

I don't normally post reviews but I am this time.

Random breakup story:my boyfriend dumped me because he thought it wasn't working although he still loved me...

anyway. He got over me after FOUR DAYS.

We didn't speak for nearly a week after that.

And I started to see him more of a best friend. And my feeling faded. However, on friday - we went clubbing got pissed, and I kissed him once.

So feelings kinda returned for him. Eek. I'm a mess. And so I love stories like this
FictionPressWorm chapter 14 . 3/3/2011
I fell head over heals in love with your story! I mean it! It is truly amazing! Not just the plot, but the writing itself!

I really liked how you made everything seem so realistic. Even though I may have hated Charlies a time or two, I still loved the way you drew her character. I'm in love with all of your characters actually (except for Adam and Jeff).

I also liked how you described Charlie's and Callie's friendship and how you didn't make Callie as only a best friend. What I mean to say is that you gave her her own life. IN many books, fictions and movies the best friend is always the supporting one, but never has a life of her own. The whole story usually revolves around the main character, which doesn't happen in real life. You changed it and made it more realistic. I loved it.

I also really liked the way you described Charlie's feelings. They were so raw. It seemed to me that I almost felt what she felt by just reading it.

Oh, God. I don't have more words. I really loved your story and I'm set on reading your other stories as soon as I can. Hope you continue writing, because you have a talent and with your writing I'm sure you bring joy to people like me (fiction press addicts).

So yeah, keep writing and GOOD LUCK!
Barbie826 chapter 14 . 2/18/2011
Pretty predictable and cheesy.

But I liked the idea somewhat. The story just felt short to me though. Like some things happened really fast and I would have rather seem them develop more.
DorkExpress chapter 14 . 1/30/2011
Loved your story, but I think I need a River in my life as well. Adams a prick and Cal is awesome!

XOXO
Nini61278 chapter 14 . 1/10/2011
I really liked this story!
blithe.serendipity chapter 14 . 1/8/2011
I like this song too :) Chris Daughtry's the best.

Anyways, cute little story. I liked it, though it was a little too cliche? But it was written pretty well and was a nice read.

Thanks for writing
Riley T chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
loved it and it was short and sweet thanks for sharing
mi-to-chan chapter 14 . 1/3/2011
I didn't realize I already read this before half-way through the third chapter. I guess I was too "young" to be able to relate when I first stumbled upon this and although I've only recently turned 18 (legal in Canada yay!), I found it a lovely change from all the high school cliches. Nonetheless, I continued and I absolutely adored the relationship Charlie had with everyone especially with River and Callie. I was worried 14 chapters wouldn't be enough to sum up the entire story but it was perfectly done! :) Keep up the lovely writing and wish for more stories to come!
387 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »