Reviews for The Cynic's Creed
D chapter 12 . 2/24/2008
Get this published. Please.
GlassCinders chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
"I want to live the lives of one hundred thousand people."

This story was filled with so many wonderful lines like this one. It definetly carries a powerful message. I just loved this story.
boredshitless chapter 12 . 2/2/2008
my first thought when i reached the end...oh WOW!

definitely one of my favourites

i love the way you express everything, you're such a talented writer
boredshitless chapter 2 . 1/31/2008
hey,i think you contradicted yourself on one thing. you said her mum became a stay at home mum after she was born, then why did she have to stay in the library after school because 'both parents were working'?

great story though
rinfais chapter 12 . 1/16/2008
I thought a lot when I read this through, straight through and in the span of... five hours? Possibly six. Only I couldn't remember them all and everything I wanted to say was something more than, "This is beautiful and wonderful and interesting." Though that is the basic truth. So I'm writing this now, before I forget anything else. Cos I know I will, though I am Very Close to the end; just a few full-window scroll-downs short of the finishing word, sentence, idea.

There's something strangely alone and, yet, touching about reading this, finishing the last five or so chapters secretly, in the dark, hoping that the parental unit won't suddenly wake up and check up on me and oust me and deny me my in-the-dark-completion. And you know, I didn't realize that the character's name was never mentioned under she wrote, I am named after a hurricane. It struck me suddenly. I've never come across a first POV character in a multi-chapter story who... lived, for lack of a better word, without a name. It allowed everything else to better define her, and it allowed me something I've rarely been able to do: relate to someone, really RELATE to someone (possibly fictional or not; doesn't matter, because the characters have pieces of their creators) through text.

And when I say 'relate to,' I don't just mean one-line facts. I never went to a 'whitebread' high school. I don't drive; I rely on the scrawling, mostly underground steel lines that make up public transportation. I don't have memories of shopping in the mall with my friend. I never took art in high school, though I like it and wish I did. I mean the other small things; feeling alive and existential at odd hours of the morning. Wondering about the lives your parents led, leading up to your birth; their life's stories. Condemning hypocrisy and catching yourself in it. Feeling superior to the shallow masses; inferior when we realize that shallowness in ourselves. Just wanting to listen to people talking. Connecting. Enjoying the moment as it plays, not how it played. Wanting to make a difference; a lasting impression on someone's life.

This made a lasting impression. I thank you and now I shall finish this chapter.

(Sometimes it felt like I was reading a creative essay. I like good creative essays so I thank you for this, too.)
pleasedeletethisaccountnow chapter 12 . 1/4/2008
This is... so true.

Honesty Beauty.

I spoke to a lady in a craft store today.

I didn't know her and she didn't know me.

But we spoke.

Everyone has a story.

Talk to people.

Thank you.
S chapter 12 . 1/2/2008
This is wonderful. Your characters all seem very real to me. Thank you for taking the time to write it down and then polish it up. I read it all in one sitting and it has made my day.

S.
littlepenwoman chapter 12 . 11/24/2007
Well written, darling. J'aime. The main character is really cool, although I can't for the life of me remember what her name is. Or if you mentioned it. O I loves! Keep on writting.
Ana Grey chapter 12 . 11/11/2007
I really enjoyed this story, it was really good.
Jessica S chapter 12 . 10/31/2007
My heart feels like...I don't even know what, but this is just so beautiful. You write so incredibly gracefully and just. I just feel so emotional right now, because that was just so lovely.
lex chapter 12 . 10/29/2007
i hate it when people write reviews that don't suggest anything. but honestly, i have nothing to add to this. and so yes, this review is pointless. but i think that part of the charm of the internet is that it is so vast, and yet great stories like these get found and read and loved. and maybe it's nice to know that somebody's reading this.

(also, thank you so much for introducing me to postsecret)
Rebekah chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
I see so much of myself in your character, and I ask only one question: what is her name? I'm not sure I ever got one beside Cordelia.
Pretty Girls Make Graves chapter 12 . 10/24/2007
This is an absolutely brilliant story and I'm so glad I found it. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to review the other chapters but I didn't want to pause to review because I needed to finish the story!

Are you working on anything else now?
Gulaab chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
I just finished reading this story, and I loved it. It spoke to me, and it made my heart clench and it made me realize that I am significantly more shallow than I allow myself to realize. And the poetry is amazing. And it made me feel good to be alive. Thank You.
Yannick chapter 12 . 10/8/2007
In the end... the kiss. Only, Kaspar doesn't have a french accent. Does he?
144 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »