Reviews for For Never
effervescent-sentiments chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
While all of your points were conveyed perfectly, and that is an achievement, I didn't see any original images here. Rereading it, the only line I haven't seen before (with minor deviations) is the word "prettify," but I doubt that "prettify" is what you want to be known for.

To grow as a poet, drop the parroted words, drop the vague concepts and big ideas, and be concrete. Use your senses. See what's there and tell us what's there - while we might understand you now, we'll nod along with you later.

Good work. Keep writing.

Effervescent-Sentiments
czarina chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
i love it! somehow i can relate to it! being a child was good, being a adult was tiring i think we can all relate! good job!
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
"and ended with a child's voice begging for more."

I'm not sure why, but this line seemed so poignant... We beg for more even after we have ceased to be children...

Anyway, the whole poem is so beautiful.
Ashelin chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Ah, adored this. Especially the beauty of the last stanza. So, so wonderful. I alo really love, "so I'll plead with the skies to reverse time."

This is quite random but I really like that word "persona". Don't know why, I just really liked it. Odd.

Anyway, wonderful job!
Daiysis chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
This so sad and true. You haven't been writing as often and I think this to be a pretty good come-back. Bravo!
never-written chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Ah...perfection. It flows without a glitch.

"Love muses in sweet lullabies"

I love it.
Goodnight Nickname chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Wow. This is really good. For some reason, I like instantly related to it. Sometimes it takes me a couple of times reading a poem to understand it. This came so natural. Thanks for a good read.