Reviews for The Candle
yumi-chan chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
i dont do horror. i think you just scared me for the rest of the day. and im home alone! eep!

very well written tho! ;)
bloody-maggot chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I read it before it was on FP lol Nevertheless, I still enjoy reading this (very) short story
Sairalinde Inwe chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Whoa...this gave me goosebumps, chills, the whole works...the writing on the wall was well written (wow that's a tongue twister! XD) This was really cool!
SugarRayne chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
I love the symbolism of this piece! The flame as life, Death ss a young girl... It's brilliant.
snowqueen184 chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
That was seriously cool. How did the person know the flame's owner was death?
Angie chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
This... was so well-written! You made sure to add a very deep and gloomy atmosphere, and a little touch of suspense. I personally loved your ending, and the whole concept of " Death ". I love twist endings, m. )

10/10!
Renata Ora chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
Jue, this scared me! O_O This was intense, definitely! I wonder how the person knew Death's name...

You leave a lot of open room for the reader to think about this. For instance, how did the person end up in the locked room? How does Death own a candle when she would be in darkness? Does this person really "die" in the end?

I would not have put "The five second walk", simply because it seems too "technical" for a mysterious piece like this. I would've put "short walk".

The poem was AWESOME. I can't do rhyming poetry unless I spend at least two hours-and even after that, the rhythm is off.

I think there's a formatting problem. The paragraph following your poem is still italicized.

This is an great piece before Halloween! What was the English project about?

Sine cera,

Rainy
littlecoconuthead chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
wow, that wouls be a good story to tell around a camp fire, or on halloween, very creepy. me like