Reviews for Sonnet-
consequenceofsounds chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Much like what the other reviewers have said...it took me a few read-overs because the rhythm is erratic and there are a lot of slant rhymes, but it's beautiful. I'd definitely call this free verse; maybe even go back over it and write it in a bit of a freer style. I don't really know what you were going for here, but it almost felt to me like the intended sonnet form is restrictive. If you meant for that discomfort, then great! And I like "desire's strongest fist" and some of your other turns of phrase.
unknown chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
this isn't a sonnet. dont you know the rules of a sonnet?

14 lines with the ababcdcdefefgg pattern and the 10 syllables in ech line and the hard and soft sounds every other syllable?
JaseyxRae chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
This is really beautiful. The emotion and the word choice is really exquisite.

The only issue I have with it is that I don't see how it's a sonnet. Sonnets have rhyme schemes, I don't know about all types of sonnets but this doesn't have any rhyme scheme. yours is like: ABCDEFEGBHIJKLM

I wouldn't have really thought of it as a sonnet if you hadn't titled it a sonnet and broken it up into quatrains and a couplet at the end, which looks like shakespearian in which case you don't have the rhyme scheme or the iambic pantameter.

I would consider this more of a really beautiful free-verse. Like I LOVED it I just don't think you should call it a sonnet...

Best Wishes,

Kitty

PS: sorry to critices your form. I really loved the poem, it's just not a sonnet (at least not in any form I know of, I don't know a lot, but I'm learning and haven't come across it).
Flamyrre chapter 1 . 2/2/2005
very very good job! Thats something - coming from me.
Honesty chapter 1 . 7/13/2001
Interesting and heartfelt. I wasn't quite sure the second quatrain made sense, though. (Incidentally, I assume that the e e cummings-esque avoidance of capitals and punctuation is deliberate. I can't decide if it works or not.) I like the last couplet.
DWC chapter 1 . 5/25/2001
That is something in 100 years children will read in school and not think twice, although a select few will use that beauty and hold it, remember it and and love it. I think a tear almost tried to drop
A. Ushio chapter 1 . 4/19/2001
Sonnets work best under strict metrical rules. So I thought it wasn't much until I read for the meaning carefully. It is very lovely. And to see such a classic style is appealing.