Reviews for The Other AA
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Great metaphor here! It's really so true, haha. I love how you don't just lay down a metaphor and drop it; you pick out details of the image and keep drawing parallels. The depth you go to makes this piece really creative and unique.

I really liked the stanza about withdrawals. The tone shifted so drastically I could just /feel/ the emotions attached to your words. Impressive manipulation of your readers.

I thought the wording got a little loose toward the end. You didn't have as many strong images and the word choice wasn't very strong. Still, I enjoyed the piece as a whole. It made me smile at the simplicity but also think about some more serious point you brought up.

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
broken'down-over.and.over chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
exactly how i feel

great
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Great poem. It made me smile. I can completely relate. Nice work.

Twilight Starr
Next Exit chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
nice little prose piece...

"write hand"

cute pun :P

well written and thought out.

-cat
empathic life chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Darling... Sigh. You write so wonderfully. I like this. It's... funny, true, and... amazing. Agh. I can't leave a proper review right now. I'm sorry. But this is amazing, really. It made me smile. Love you. Sorry I'm such a bad penpal... -.- Yours, e.l.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Marvelous. "we'd rather cut off our-write hand-than give up", is a remarkable wordtwist. The conceptualization, and comparison of this helps the reader understand the drive, and will of a true writer. Good work. MD:77.
WyrdWolf chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
The ending of this is subtly powerful; I really like it. The concept is something to love, too.

I've been through the withdrawl! I haven't really written since school started. Ow. _

Nice work, vixen. It captures the essence of writing's soul-squeezing bind (to be pleasant about it).

Wolfie
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
A nice sentiment and true, in cases. As always, an intriguing lay-out and overall form. I did most enjoy that capital letter of Passion, very interesting and wonderful touch. A good poem is all I can say.
DeathMetal18 chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
nice. So true. I like this a lot (two words HA!) sorry, The voices in my head are taking over. Tee hee! I win. Damn. Anywho, thanks for the reviews, they were awsome. Well, catch ya later.

-TwilightWolf

-And Pinbky the Pitbull... Get outa my head!
sharks don't sleep chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
Oh, it reminds me of NaNoWriMo. Anyway.

Love this a lot. Wonderful description; I espescially love the "ever-filling bottle" part.

Falcon
SirScott chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
Wow, that's true. Writing is an addiction. You really captured the feelings of every true writer. I'm going to put this one in my favorites.

SirScott