Reviews for Waking Nightmare
Fortune chapter 4 . 3/22/2008
Impressive work! Sets a mood and holds it tight-gave me the chillz! I particularly like the creative ways you capture details, not merely describing something but giving a reason to, such as Alicia's noticing her own reflection in the screen of her laptop.

Based on Ceria's initial reaction (rather, lack thereof) to the monsters in her apartment, it would seem she's more familiar with Shadow Creek than she's letting on. That or she is one brave woman. That thing could have been made of dandelion puffs and I still would've screamed the roof off the place! lol!

Best wishes with the next chapter!
Rose Valentine chapter 4 . 1/19/2008
So Ceria's the next one to become insane? Cool!
Kar-zid chapter 4 . 1/17/2008
Very creepy, now they're in Shadow Creek! That child is really creepy.
Kar-zid chapter 3 . 1/17/2008
Shadow Creek is sounding creepier every chapter! I can't wait to see what happens!
Kar-zid chapter 2 . 1/17/2008
Wow, very creepy! _ You're a great writer, keep it up!
Kar-zid chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Awesome story! Genuinely creepy in every way! I like how you described the dream-place, and even though I haven't yet seen Silent Hill I know how it's referenced. Reading on...
Punksheep chapter 4 . 1/17/2008
Im a fan of silent hill(although i was scared out of my mind while playing the games lol) and i really like your story. the beginning pulled me in and the descriptions of shadow creek make it easy for me to imagine. i would have to agreed with what cricket music said about the assignment she had though.

update soon
Core Satiated chapter 2 . 10/11/2007
Nope, I'm still hooked. Don't worry...keep it going. This is great stuff.
Cricket Music chapter 2 . 10/11/2007
Such a tease, I want to get to the action sequences, but I'm liking this more and more. Rosie's really developing. I like the way that her nursery rhymes start to gain a bit of coherence. I really want to see where you're going with that. I have this mental image of Rosie shaking her fist at the little girl, going "Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, take that!" Little girl goes, "I'm melting, I'm melting! Oh, the world!" Kidding.

However, I once again have a bone or two to pick with the first few paragraphs, although at least half of it has nothing to do with your writing. Apparently, "Ring around the Rosie" didn't originate with the Black Death, although it's a very popular rumor. ::le sigh:: Yeah, finding out killed my joy too. The only other thing that threw me off was the assignment. It felt too contrived in this instance. You could probably get away with Ceria using Nursery Rhymes as her topic because of her interest in her sister, but otherwise it has that "gee, what a coincidence, ::wink::" feel to it.
Cricket Music chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
::nods:: I've never played "Silent Hill," but I like your opening. Third-person POV is really brave of you. It absolutely kills me, especially in regards to emotional distance...so difficult.

In the first part, I like the immediacy and the choppy sentences, but somehow I still don't quite feel Rosie's terror. Maybe it's in the details. I think I might want to see a bit less description of Rosie's emotions (like in the second part), and a bit more sensory description (which already has some development, but is mostly visual). That creepy little girl must be dripping everywhere...

The second section is a really delicious set-up. I think that you really come into your own here. I can see you doing horrible, scary things with Shadow Creek, and I can't wait to see you take advantage of the creepy woods.
Boooklover chapter 2 . 10/11/2007
Haunting. The characters look interesting so far. Update!
Casey Jones chapter 2 . 10/11/2007
Great setence structure, even better plot. I'll be watching this one.
Brightstarr-Bella chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Wow! You have certainly snagged my interest.

I will keep checking back here, please update soon.

*Bella*
Core Satiated chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
This is freakin' great! I definitely saw the SH reference, but only in the beginning...you totally made this your own. One thing that I would've liked to know is how did Ceria end up in Rosie's world in the opening sequence? Did she fall asleep and Rosie brought her there? Did she find the insanity lurking there in her own head? I think I like it better because I DON'T know...

The vivid descriptions in Shadow Creek were amazingly creepy (The image of the ground turning to skin was awesome).

I added this to my Alerts and Favorites so I can follow it as you write...I can't wait!