Reviews for Lone Lotus
Naomi Hansen chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
I know how you feel about the whole "no idea on how to do this" thing - I'm dealing with something similar right now. Except for me, I have to do this for a school assignment. Which is due tomorrow. And I'm starting to panic because I have no clue on how to write any kind of poem. (Except for a haiku). D:

As you've probably noticed, I'm no poem expert. But even I have to admit that this was nice. Loved the slightly hidden meaning of it. I'd critique this, but like I said, I wouldn't know what to look out for.

Auf Wiedersehen!

-Naomi Hansen
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Aw, I find this poem quite depressing. Nevertheless, I still love its conciseness.
Crysta Mayville chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Wow, that was great! You would have never known it was your first free verse poem!
Ivory Willow chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
That's a good question. love your images!

Beauty is not fun unless you have someone/something to share it with.

I just wish more people would like reading poetry.

There are way too many poems that don't have reviews but they deserve them.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
I love how it seems to be just about a lotus and the end makes it about so much more

The nature imagery and personification was really great

One thing the two lines Everyone envies you/You are beautiful.. repeating you seemed off to me...

Other than that it was a wonderfully written piece... great job especially for your first try at free verse
The Candle Thief chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Lovely, dear. I believe this really does have a level of truth to it.

-Ramen
TylerB chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
Hey Loona thanks for the review on one of my older poems! You said you have no idea how to write free verse poetry, but here's the deal, there is no specific way on how to write free verse. I think you did a wonderful job on this one. The flow is right on and its descriptiveness is great. Good job!
Little Hobbit chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
I like this, it's very well done. I like how you had the short couple of lines in between the longer lines. Good imagery and choice of words, and I like the meaning behind it. Good stuff :)

Little Hobbit .
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Pretty poem, I like the flow to it and the imagery. It's a bit simplistic, but it's good.
xEmoMuffinx chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
It's good! Except the verses are a bit unbalanced in length. Except the last and first are the same length, and the second and second last are also the same length. Ooh, I sense a pattern.