Reviews for You Never Learn
Asaena chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
This story hits me. Hard. The narrator is piercing with his/her words, and it immediately produces a feeling of guilt in me. It was thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks for posting it. :)
LillieS chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
So true. Sometimes, even I wonder about the what ifs even though it's been years since we've last met.
110Million chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
It was 2 AM when I read this, so I kinda missed out a few sentences. But what I did read, I loved.

It reminds me of how I am. I, too, am a shy man who's allowed his chances to escape him. At least I have an internet girlfriend now, but still. I know my own flaws.

I think that kids need to be taught to be brave, to not fear their own emotions, and to trust in themselves. But people, nor the media encourage kids to be honest with themselves. They always tell us to wait for Prince Charming, for Sleeping Beauty. But neither Prince nor Princess ever comes. And when we find them, what do we do? We wait for them to make the first move. We wait, and wait, and wait. And several years later, when we are at our deathbeds, we finally find out the reason why they never made the first move: They were waiting for us to do so. And so, we miss out on fantastic experiences, on possible LOVE, all because we were to afraid to make that first move.

Anyway..I think I ought to stop myself from rambling. Loved the story, that is all I wanna say. more thing.

Could you...add my story to your C2? It's called 'Journey for the Heart!'. You don't have to if you don't want to, I understand. Thank you in advance.
Y.O.O chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Amazing! I felt like you were channeling one of my best friends. I admit it- I am a coward when it comes to love. I also ridiculously good with excuses. I really loved it )
ChaEL16 chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
you're one heck of a 're amazing!i mean,you've actually used 2nd person POV,and stories like that are so rare to fact,it's actually the first 2nd person POV story if ever what's really trully amazing about it is,you made it 's like,you're actually talking directly to of the things are true,for me that is.

May i post your story on tumblr,and share it to people?don't you worry,i wouldn't get credit for what you wrote.i'll put reference on where i got it,and you're username,of can i?i really hope it's ok with you.
windyday chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Frick, you're so right.
maiff chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Wow, beautiful! You just stabbed me with a thousand daggers. I truly never learn :P
monkeyberyl13 chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Thank you.
roseallie chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
sad. it left me with a sense of yearning. the tone was friendly and relatable and I read through the whole thing nodding my head. You voiced something that i'm sure many people have gone through before. nice job.
BeanBagChair11 chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
wow, that was beautiful!
PandaPanda chapter 1 . 8/1/2008

The content is very easy to relate to, and the words are just amazing. The way you structure them leave such a tremendous impact.
L K Blake chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
This is sad, i can see me doing this :(

sometimes the questions run through my head and keep running untill the chance is missed, i hate that

good writing :) (a few words in there i didn't know lol) i like how you put this together, an entertaining quick read.
centenarian chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Now that is really sad. And it got me thinking about something...jeezus.

And the part where you say: And who the hell came up with the word type to begin with? are right. I feel really sad for her. She let her chance slip away because she was too goddammn shy. And I'm shy. I might end up like her! Anyways, enough about that. Good story, I mean, I can really feel the regret, the...anger? yeah..good job.
McQuinn chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Hi there,

This is great. Your writing flows quite nicely and your descriptions and use of second person point-of-view really allows your readers to feel as if they're in the protagonist's shoes. We feel the shame and regret along with her, from the beginning to the conclusion of the story. (At first I thought it was a happy ending, with them meeting each other again. My feelings changed after I was reminded of the title and after I reread the conclusion. It's actually a very cruel ending, as it re-starts the vicious cycle of them meeting up and her making excuses, regretting, etc. It's as if she's questioning herself, asking whether or not she's learned her lesson.)

My favorite parts of the story have to be the first two lines and the last line. The first lines really reel the reader; it's a simple, nicely executed hook. :p It actually reminds me of DeNiro's line in Taxi Driver. "You...talking to me?" The last line is fantastic because, it's just so ambiguous. Did they really meet? Is it just her imagining things? Playing out a scenario? It's interesting to think about that.

The only real constructive criticism I have is the repetition of "when" towards the beginning. It took away from the flow of the sentence-a comma in between the two may be able to fix that. Also, this sentence is a little awkward: "When the next time he comes by, what will you do?" If you reversed the two parts of the sentence, it would read, "What will you do when the next time he comes by?" which doesn't really make sense. If you worded the sentence as "What will you do the next time he comes by?" (notice the lack of "when") or as "The next time he comes by, what will you do?" it would sound much, much better.

Overall, this was great. I truly enjoyed this! I look forward to reading more of your work soon. :)

Emmie chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
For me that was really deep. The way you wrote that made it feel as though you were talking to me, telling me off for it.

Only once it's happened to me and every day I still think about the what-ifs. About how young I am and that I can get someone better. Even gave me some courage is I see him again. lol

Anyway, end of life story. It really touched me and it was awesomely written.

Thank you.