Reviews for Portraits of Postcards
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
you are a poetry power house!

this is great, i felt like i was sat in that bar with you slurring into my jack daniels, lol. the sense of atmosphere is created across a rich tapestry of very realistic description.

you have a unique ability to make a long poem feel like a couple of lines... it truly is a gift. this poem is a shared experience. i don't need to say all the usual well constructed blah blah, this you know already! xx
Genevieve Straessley chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
You know you have created true poetry when there is beauty in a couple of drunks. The characters in this poem evoke pure sympathy from the reader, yet it is a reminder too of the vices we all give in to.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
This is fantastic. I love how I completely felt like I was in the scene. My favorite bit was, by far, "Pool balls collide in another room." It's so simple, such a minor statement, yet that was the moment where I felt like I was sitting at the bar, drowning in smoke, listening to some old Johnny Cash song on the jukebox. So good. And then you go and toss in one of your classics, "This isn't where our dreams reside." Fantastic. Just beautiful. Keep writing! :)
Aquafied chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
and yet what a world to live in

where the purge outweighs the binge in

importance

and yet what you take it makes you who you are

until you are free.

i'm not a drinker

but for a few minutes

i would like to think i understand the silence of what you mean.