Reviews for Butterfly Graves
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
this is an extraordinary poem. i love the comparison between your bones and teacups, that is both beautiful and it definitely works well. and i love your mentioning of "my skin will shiver and slide / crumble into imperfect butterflies" that is amazing!

the last line is simply perfect

i would love opinions from you on some of my new work!
XsilentXescapeX chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Wow amazing imagery.

silent
Setsuna529 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
This is a really bizarre metaphor...

I really, really like it.
instantramen chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Another awesome poem, amazing! Imperfect butterflies was brilliant and heartbreaking and just... Yes.
012323232 chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
imperfect butterflies, i love that
Tranquil Thorns chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Beautiful imagery!

It pulled me right in. 'Like my bones are made of teacups' is a sharp and flawless comparison, as is 'crumble into imperfect butterflies'.

I've no problems with this piece. Lovely, stirring work!
Goonlalagoon chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Wow. That just about sums it up.

It's really...vivid? best word I can think of, so it'll have to do. Beautifully written.
axis.on.a.tilt chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
My favorite piece.

Everyone has their moments where they feel as if they will break.
fictitious facades chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
I went to a butterfly museum once when I was about eight years old and one landed on my finger so I touched it. It flew away, a little worse than before. Later on I heard on of the people that worked there telling people that when you touch a butterfly's wing it disolved the coating and then the wings shrivel up and die. I guess that's what your poem reminded me of.
All Alone With Her Thoughts chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
If you ever complain about not being able to write poetry well I may have to hurt you.

Really.

Amazing, amazing piece. I'm speechless. I'm adding this to my favourites.

Rowan.
miscellanea chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
This was an extrememly good poem. I really like the, "I'm feeling a little breakable." Very beautiful, and I'm pretty critical about poetry. I think the poem stands well on it's own w/ out the very last line.
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Again, gorgeous imagery! Very well written! I love it.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Wow, the imagery here is amazing. The words used in this poem reflect the narrator’s insecurities perfectly. I like the way this poem begins and ends with a first-person narrative, it’s very refreshing and outstandingly honest. Amazing work.

Peace, Daze
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
"That try to fly but finally die"

Something about the triple rhyme in this line and the sentiment behind it make it seem especially powerful to me. It's melancholy futility, but it's beauitfully expressed.

Beautifully expressed, like the rest of the poem.
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
konnichi wa

I loved the title: Butterfly Graves - it absolutely drew me in. My only suggestion is that you give it a worthy summary that'll make people want to read it. Because this piece is absolutely outstanding! "I'm feeling a little breakable / Like my bones are made of teacups" - my favorite line. :D

Zaijen