Reviews for Blotted, Like Artwork
a theoretic revolution chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
"like being something, /while not being anything / at all."

this was just so, so, beautiful, it brought a tear to my eye.
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
this flowed very nicely
H.M. Grey chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
"and she is nothing more than a swatch

of colors,"

Oh. Oh oh oh. That's wonderful, that's beautiful and real.

You're good, Mr. Fifteen-and-Dead.
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
faves..

love this
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
i love the flow of this. the line breaks are perfection.
diffident chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
A watercolor in cold tones is what this made me think of. The deconstruction of the girl. This is excellent... it's ephemeral and fleeting and so natural.

marie
caralita chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
this is my FAVORITE piece you have EVER written. i nearly cried, stephen.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
The last stanza is my favorite, especially the third line. The ending (last three lines) is amazing as well.

This poem is very refreshing from what I've read of yours before. More mature, I think.

I love how the opening rolls in (like climbing to the top of a roller coaster) and then you're flying at 80 mph down the track until the ride jerks to a stop, never wanting it to end.

Felicia.
lilyqueen777 chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
oh snap! this poem just gets to me! Wow, this is beautiful, wonderful...oh gosh fantastic, and your only 15, you put me to shame ;)
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
effing hell this is so beautiful.

it's simply worded but has a complex/deeper meaning

love the title of this poem- the poem itself is like a painting

"hands open like/butterflies upon her/ginger wrists- like yearning." - i think i'm in love

fantasticfantastic poem
Stella Grimshaw chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
Well this was surprising. This is a very different format and subject for you and yet you pursued it flawlessly. I wish I knew what inspires you to write like this it's just so thick, deep, and down right real.
this is britt chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
her life in metaphor- in split

raindrops and salted tears.

she was made to wrap her arms around you

and be engulfed by your

permeating deprivation.

please get published. you are an artist. this is art.
Frosthold chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Interesting! Some of the time I felt that it was a bit like a bunch of disjointed words being rammed together into lines, but perhaps that is what makes it so special and haunting. Definitely a memorable piece! I really like the message too. My only suggestion is that you think a bit harder about the word choises.

-Frost
glimpses from an ivory tower chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Wow. Fantastic imagery, painting something indescribable in my mind that won't fade away soon.

"hands open like

butterflies upon her

ginger wrists- like yearning.

in leaves

still beautiful from the

rain."

Perfection in twenty-five syllables.

I hope you realize what a gift you have with language. Your poetry will be remembered.