Reviews for Chances Are
melodxes chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I love how real the story seems. The train coming in late was a really nice touch. Great writing :)
Anonymously Yours chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Oh, that's so beautiful. I love how you made the train late - that was a nice touch.
Ginnyloveslife chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Lexie! :D

I like this story-It's just the sort of thing real life is made up of. I loved the vividness of it; I could imagine everything happening so well it was as if I were standing there, watching it. Oh, and I liked the ending.

So, yeah, overall, I liked the story. And it was brilliant reading something without James/Lily: I have gotten so used to having HP characters as your lead. But you as just as brilliant in canon as you are in fanon. D
slightly unhinged chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
i really like this story. it is after all the random, and just plain odd meetings that can save a day form terrible and make us smile, but only if we let them.
fisheye lens chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
*grins* Well - that was an enjoyable read, it really was. I'm impressed with your story. And your writing abilities, I say. Hm...I really liked Jake and Melissa's interaction.

And, *laughs*, that's the funniest thing that I ever seen at the end. Hee-hee-hee. Yep! *adds to favs*
Just a Random Fan chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
I LOVED this! It was SO cute, and how the train is late, it's so perfect! How something this simple & short can be so perfect, I'll never know. I love how he nicknames her "Mel" and the line, "Have a nice life, Jack." And I liked that she was wearing electric green-she sounds like me! xD

Beautiful story! I LOVED it!
shoemelove chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
It's very good! I like the randomess and the descriptions
RandomnessAndTea chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Hey Lexie! This is great...You're good at both fanfiction and plain fiction. It was short but cute, and for some reason it really struck me...there are no words.
Prieda solo chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
Hey it's me prieda! I was thinking of getting one of these OF things over christmas. Problem is I don;t write proper storys, just loads of random sketches about characters floating around in my head.

Interesting story. Very sweet. I love the theme of time though, and Mellissa's character is great. Well done for a believable OC character, especially as you say this isn't you (although to be honest, all my character have me in them, somewhere. Even Barty and Reggy. Even snape).

This isn't much of a review is it :(

Nice descriptions. Love the lime green t-shirt. If this was chapter one and in a library, I'd be checking it out. IF it was in a bookstore, I'd be considering it vaguelly.

prieda D
Ilyveria chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Nice.

Love how you leave it hanging at the end - does she meet him again? xP

Anyway, love it! :)

a.N
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Good story. Good luck with writing, this story, and life. Have a wonderful day.

Twilight Starr
The Cruel Irony chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
I should have known you'd be the same amazing writer on this site as you are on fanfiction. Don't expect anything less from this author, people! :) This was such a random oneshot, but it was still effin brilliant. If anything, the randomness of it made it better.

In the end, does she ever meet Jack again? It was nice how in the end her train really was late. It was a nice touch ;)

Carrie/Yazzi/Irony
beautiful-insanityx chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
P. I’ve been meaning to get a Fiction Press account for ages, I wanted to review, you don’t except anonymous reviews, and P I got one. I really need to break back into some original writing, as well as fanfic, so hopefully I’ll put something up soon. )

Anyway, enough about me, to talk about your story. It’s just as good as I remember, ambiguous, fragmented and the ending is vague, but not so vague that you can’t hazard a guess as to what will happen. Your descriptions are impeccable (as always P), and the character is thankfully not a Mary Sue.

Don’t worry about breaking your hiatus to post this; you’ve already had it written and all, so you know … Then again, I shouldn’t talk, I was so busy writing last term that I forgot to study for my maths exam, and I scraped a pass by 2 marks, which isn’t brilliant when you’re normally a straight a student and people expect a lot from you.

I seem to enjoy rambling about myself lately.

-Cuba …x
sweets555 chapter 1 . 10/14/2007
cute lexie! i like it. its a little choppy, but i think it makes the story work out better