Reviews for Lips Burn Caustic
Devil's Playground chapter 32 . 6/6/2011
Ohwow. This chapter was like reality punching you in the face after the last few chapters of near-surrealness. This whole chapter was very touching and very sad. D: I was really craving seeing Everett's reaction (because I still love him) and now that you showed it... gah. So heartbreaking. :c My poor baby.

The Rosco/Bo interaction was really sweet and well-written. I like that this turn of events brought out the realization that he's been a pretty shitty brother to him. And the way he helped take care of him in his own way is so cuuuute.

And of course, I loved the final scene with them locked in the room and hearing Everett yelling. I like that you got his reaction without making it seem forced in or fake. It was just... really sad. T_T
Devil's Playground chapter 31 . 6/6/2011
Hahah, I liked the whole playing the guitar on the overpass scene. Cliche, yes, but you make it work. When you're a writer as good as you are, using cliched bits and pieces really doesn't detract from the story as a whole. I think it's really cool, actually.

I like the drinking scene, too. The descriptions were really well done and effective, and altogether it was very believable. Rosco's reaction to Demen's death as a whole just feels very real. It's not the kind of reaction you'd expect to read, but at the same time I feel like that's how it would be in real life. Not some big dramatic moment full of personal revelations, but... just hanging out and getting high and drunk and forgetting about it.

So again, really good chapter, I'm hungry for more~
Devil's Playground chapter 30 . 6/6/2011
Wow... geez. o_o So much stuff happened in this chapter, I don't even know where to start.

First of all, I really like the juxtaposition of Demen's death with the scenes before and after. You started off really lighthearted, then had that really effectively dramatic scene, followed with more ligthheartedness. And I don't think many people could make that work, but you wrote it well enough that it worked out fine. I still kind of have mood whiplash, though. It's a bit overwhelming but I like it.

And, geez, the scene with the phone call about Demen was... geez, I don't even know. It was very well written, I literally had chills while reading that. It's so awful and tragic, but I really like that Rosco's reaction is actually pretty muted and non-dramatic. It fits his character.

And I really like Avery, too. I love that he's similar to Vito in noticeable ways, but is also very much his own character. That whole scene was well done, too. I never would have guessed that you'd never been high after reading that, just saying. XD

I don't want to ramble, but I really liked this chapter, and I'm excited to read mooore.
Devil's Playground chapter 29 . 6/6/2011
Holy shiiit. It's been so freaking long since I read this story, but I happened to log into my old e-mail address and saw that there were new chapters and I just had to come read it. This is Devil's Playground on a different account, by the way.

ANYWAY. Even coming back to the story after such a long time, it was so easy to get back into it. And I remembered every character and everything that had happened, because this story is just memorable like that, I guess. So kudos. ;p And I'm really glad you came back to continue it, 'cause I've always loved this story.

And this chapter was pretty much kick-ass. I love Rosco and his pondering, it was all veryyy interesting. And Vito's philosophies, and Ty's... random additions to the conversation. I like new-bitchy-Mason, too. It's interesting to see him finally showing his actual personality. It's definitely a big change, but a believable one for his character, in my opinion.

I really like the tone of this chapter overall, I can definitely feel it building up to something big. Aaand I'm going to go read on now~
gleee chapter 33 . 6/4/2011
Praise the lawd, there is continuation to this story! haha.

No srsly, thank you.

Golly the Rosco/Bo interaction was sweet. Younger siblings do grow on you in the strangest of ways at that age. Except when they're actually girls they tend to turn and bite your head off due to their ridiculous hormone fluctuations at the most inconvenient of times -.-

The change has hit hard and violently in the past chapters.

It's amazing how some people become so collected after a dramatic messy event, whereas beforehand, in their cozy uneventful lives, their thoughts were so tangled.

Anyway keep on keeping on kay ;)
Isa B chapter 33 . 6/4/2011
So umm... I love you and I love this story, just so you know. Don't be frustrated with it. It's amazzzzzzzzzing and it makes me squee like an idiotic fangirl.

Plus... Tumblr, man. It's a bitch.
TakingShotsSoTragic chapter 31 . 5/8/2011
I can't believe I forgot to put this in my review: I love you. ;o; Don't give up. This story is amazing. You made this baby and now you gotta follow through. I forbid you from getting frustrated with it and urge you not to throw it out the window. You may fuck up his life however you like but I draw the line at abandonment. I will hunt you down and force you to take care of him, if need be. Well, /endrant. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, MY LOVE.
TakingShotsSoTragic chapter 31 . 5/8/2011
Too lazy to log in. ;D Also, too lazy to catch up on this for 6 months.

Mental State: Sort of dazed because of the lack of sleep. Saddened at the death of my favorite character. Bemused by the total absurdity of these triplet chapters; by life.

I enjoyed the triplets, even with the grammatical errors. I think I kinda understand what you meant by the whole mutant baby thing, now. Triplets: Sex, Tragedy, Why.

Oh, Tragedy was so ironic, don'tcha think? Considering who it was and all?

Ponderings: Methinks Rosco will read that book, in the end.
Mr.Street chapter 31 . 3/9/2011
You should keep going. Its a very complex story line and i really enjoy it. Keep up the good work.
gleee chapter 31 . 2/14/2011
Shit son, been ages since I've been on this.

I'll admit it took me 15 mins just to log on.

Now this is going to come across as me - 'thinking highly of myself' and the important role I play in your life.

Which is very small, not even acctually, but just roll with it and I'll be happy.

Firstly, my apologies for not reviewing since...a long time ago. I have read the chapters, but selfishly devoured them and then bailed.

Secondly, I have somehow managed to tumblr stalk you. At this point in time I am unsure as to how this came about, however I did freak RIDICULOUSLY when your old account was 'not found'.

I worried for a full 20 minutes about your fate. Though thinking back now, I do wonder how I came to the conclusion that a lost tumblr account means you had died, or something else had happened to you. But I discovered you again. Twas fate. And me going o.o 'I know that face (from the intnetz)'.

Obviously you do not delete these things when you die? One day possibly, but not at this present time.

Thirdly, I'm pretty sure it's time for another chapter. I mean I'm sure you have one tucked safely away in the depths of your computer just waiting, but you're over thinking it. Honest. Post it.

Lastly, urr...Hope you're well and america is all nice and whatnot. yes.
xSadistxFujix chapter 31 . 1/7/2011
IDK why I love this story so much... I went from wanting to beat the crap out of Rosco to really liking him, a lot more than I liked Everett who I liked more in the beginning. WEIRD.

I will admit to being one of those Vito/Rosco lovers even though I knew from the first chapter Vito was in that it would not happen, lol, I think I've gotten over that. Its just... they have so much CHEMISTRY and IDK how story characters can have chemistry but they DO, no matter what kind it is-"love child and asexual parent" or other-they DO have amazing chemistry.

And I think that's why we like them so much. They just WORK, paired together as platonic friends, or not.

-shrugs- Whatever, I REALLY look forward to reading the last "3 or 4 more chapters. But who knows." D
xSadistxFujix chapter 21 . 1/6/2011
"It's like an episode of Boobah. All it takes is an innocent flip past that channel and you're hooked for at least five minutes of some druggie's whacked-out trip."

Truth. So much freaking truth. lol
xSadistxFujix chapter 6 . 1/5/2011
I like Vito. Can I like Vito with Rosco? Even if Rosco is a stupid "homophobe" and "emophobe" that makes me want to slap the crap out of him? 3
Static chapter 31 . 12/23/2010
Anthem for our generation. This must needs be published.
forever isnt that long chapter 31 . 12/22/2010
Reviewing all three sub-chapters at once:

OHMYGOLLYGUMDROPS.

It's been too long, man. You've been gone like a year.

I'll have you know, I was listening to Bright Eyes when I began to read this, and I was happy.

This story has not decreased in value, fortunately.

In my heart, it's still number one. ;D

ANYWAY.

When Rosco was trying to get it on with his lady, I lol'd. I was reading it at school, so it was bit awkward, but I loved it.

Demen killed himself. I was shocked, but happy.

Rosco getting high, yes! Spooning with Vito? Yes-er!

Awesome, man. Awesome. Kudos.

You rock.