Reviews for autumn again

LOVE.

THE ALLITERATIONS.

they are amazing. :]

as is this entire poem.

you are a wonderfully talented writer :]

xbreanna
Leylique Morrow chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
My sentiments exactly! I am currently envious of your ability to put words to things like California's autumn - something I don't dare attempt, for want of doing it justice. I love the freedom in the wording and format you have chosen. No restrictions, not even a period until your ending thoughts. Lovely.

Leila
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
The depth of the imagery works well to give the reader a scene placement, but not a specific scene, a universal scene that attaches to the visuals well without the specifics of place, location. More accurately, it thrives in the abstraction. Creating an identifiable locale without pinning it down, so that the reader is free to attach oneself to it without regard for commonality of place, if that makes any sense at all. It's a good thing, I'm not sure I'm defining it well for review purposes. Excellent sound as well. Good write. MD:77.
The Fourth Fate chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Hi. So I kind of suck at FP. I rarely go on any more. Like ever. But something about your review made me log in and go to your page. First, I'd like to say thank you. I love when people read my poetry, esspecially now since I haven't loaded anything new in ages and reviews have grown less frequent. More than just reading and reviewing, I'm so touched that you read one of the stanzas three times. It's hard to take a minute and focus on poetry, just soaking it in and taking it to heart. Thanks for taking the time on my piece. Another thing, I really love your writing style and I guess you wouldn't know it from FP but my style has grown to develop into something very similiar to your own so a critique from someone who gets my formatting and the crafting that goes into the poetry is super flyy.

Enough about my writing. I'm going sort of tell you my life story for a second but it explains partly why I loved this poem so much. It's funny. I guess I stopped going on FP like officially (I'd been negelecting it on and off) when I started seeing this new guy. I didn't want my poems about him on the internet. I was too afraid he might see them. He and I broke up after dating for a while and now he's a really close friend of mine... blah blah blah... but it was about a year ago that he asked me out. The coming of autumn and winter remind me of that whole episode. Like we'd spend a lot of time outside and I totally associated the smell of winter with him and it's weird to suddenly catch the smell of winter in the air because it brings me back to this time last year. This poem sort of did that. "Autumn Again." It just hits close to home.

As for the writing itself, it's so eloquent and beautiful. The words flow and the alliteration ("soul soared straight" "dance of dizzying daydreams") makes the words feel like snow flakes, crisp and refreshing, but soft and downy so that when they hit you, they touch down lightly, linger for a moment and then melt into you, giving you the chills.

I don't know. Maybe it's because of the timing of year and the October references. Maybe it's the idea of forgetting yourself (your commitments and fears and restrictions)in the reflections. Maybe it's just the all over message of the poem and the flawless delivery. Something about this literally pulled at my heart, like weighed it down a little. In a good way. It really affected me, I guess. Bravo. This is such a master piece. Hopefully I'll read more of your stuff. I glanced over a couple pieces but this one grabbed me and I'm so glad it did. Favorites List...!

Love,

The Fourth Fate
eggplant e chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
you write with breathtaking imagery.

how?

it's beautiful (again).
Kneeling Glory chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
Interesting write. I can empathize with the emotions behind it. Do you write all of your poetry in this format? I've seen it before and I'm trying to decide if I should try it out sometime :P.
perdita's kiss chapter 1 . 10/15/2007