Reviews for China
waterlilies52 chapter 11 . 11/28/2009
This was absolutely fantabulous. Maybe it's because I myself am Chinese and can therefore connect to so many things you've written. I got so excited every time I recognized something like the non-existent drinking age, bad driving, no adherence to laws, and the shortness of badaling in changcheng. It sounds like you had a good time and learned something non-language related. I'm glad that China showed you another aspect of life that America lacked.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
I would like to know more about students who study abroad, so thanks for sharing your experiences on Fictionpress! :)
Radyn chapter 11 . 5/22/2008
i like this. you sound mature enough to have understood certain little truths about life and articulate enough to write about it without turning into a wallowing pile of self-pity and melodrama. chapter 9 was superlative.

and yes, chinese is a bitch of a language to pick up, even when you're from the damn country.
seventhchords chapter 7 . 11/29/2007
I really like this. It's nice that you organise your thoughts into these little, readable snippets, and I like your description of things, especially this one, of the Great Wall.

It's a refreshing read. I'll definitely be looking forward to more.

P.S. I think picking up bits of the language is already commendable stuff. I still struggle with sentence structures, despite being a nine-year Chinese student.
Princess Scheherazade chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
This is beautiful. Touches deeply on what it feels like to be abroad, from language problems, to drinking laws. A definite sense of being far away. A sense of something unfamiliar, and strange. Keep writing this, it intrigues me. I hope your trip went well, it most certainly sounds interesting.

Thank you for publishing!

*Princess