Reviews for the world is beautiful
Ink Kisses chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
This is brilliant. I love the contrast of the title to the poem, and it is scarily like my life.
Cinderella Is Dead chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Did you model this poem off of Lawrence Ferlenghetti's poem, "The world is a beautiful place"? It seems too familiar to be a coincidence.
seventhchords chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
This poem worked very well for me, and the language, brilliant. This isn't an easy subject matter by any means, but I thought you did a fantastic job, grim as it were.

I'd like to think that while it's true that the world's terrible in many ways, there's always that bit of joy we find from it nonetheless, and that, I suppose, is the hope that keeps most of us going on, and inspires us even, to share that joy with the people around us.

Great work. I mean that.

God bless ya.
RuchiraMandal chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
It is scathing and bitter, which is ironic if you consider the title. You know how to use your words, how to say things.
Daiysis chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
There you go again. Going off on the world like you always do... it's wonderful! Ah! i can't have enugh it! Everytime i think you've written about everything there IS to write about you go and pull something else! Truly unpredictable, and that's what makes it amazing...
fictitious facades chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
great. really good. its got great meaning.
Which Mistake am I chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
I absolutly positivly love this! No words can describe how much i do!

You are the best!
IdeasInTheAir chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
We-e-e-el...o_O It's very well written, kind of a statement. The title was misleading, which is the reason for the whole We-e-e-l...o_O. But it was probably meant to be like that. It's very good, and it kind of makes you think about all of these things. And the conclusion is, you're absolutly right. You know what would be cool, if you wrote one that was called The World is Terrible, (if you ignore the beauty) or something, kind of as contrasting poems. Because they're both,well, true. Though this one may be truer. But optimism doesn't hurt. )

Well done! I like it.

~Danielle)
Full Stop chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
heh. Thats really cool. I love the juxtaposition. You capture the mood perfectly.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
This sounds utterly, horribly, like my view of the world. I need not elaborate.

Great job.
windy girl chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
It's a little yucky how true this is. I wish that I didn't have to notice all of the bad things that happen, but I feel insanely guilty when I try to ignore it. Ugh.

Lovely poem. :)

(That's why I'm moving to New Zealand. If I'm going to have live with this, I'm going to at least live in a pretty place while I do so... not that it matters to you. :P)

*kt
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
The whole thing was really powerful, contrasting this perception of a "beautiful world" with the more ugly facets that people try to ignore, but the last stanza really drove the point home and left us with something to think about. -faved-

(And don't think you were nagging. I had you on alerts already, waiting for you to come out with something new. ;-))
hey maria chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
I don't think this poem was meant to be taken at face-value; I think the point was that you have to be blind to see the world's beauty. But I still agree with this, whole-heartedly. I really believe the world is beautiful if you don't look at the ugliness.

I liked this poem. It could have been trite but it wasn't, it was written in a subtle way and the last lines were very fitting. Good job.