Reviews for Rape Banned in Court
Crystal Stone chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
I agree. That sounds like a stupid trial. The things that are being banned lately are ridiculous. What happened to being a free country? I wrote an essay called, "A Free Country" that talks about how political correctness is taking away first amendment rights.

About the grammar, you had a few mistakes:

1) Contractions are not proper in such pieces. Try not to use them

2)"If the defense believes that “rape” can swing the jurors one way or another then “sex” can to." It should have been, "...can, too."

3)In the first paragraph, I am not positive on this one, but shouldn't "first amendment" be captialized?

I think I might have seen something else, too but I can't remember...Just check it again for minor errors.

Overall, this was a good piece. Well written and true. Good work. )
Creative Colors chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
I herd about this and was amazed that they even allowed to take away the word rape. Why is it that we now live in a world today, where people think it's okay to keep on banding words? The whole "N" thing I get but come on people! Rape? I mean people who get rape have hard time as it is, coming forth telling some one. Now they wont even want to because the judge has yet humiliated them even more so.

Really great essay. I can tell that you put a lot of time and thought into it.
tofujunky chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
The word 'rape' is a passive and bland term anyway. This should be a great opportunity for the prosecutor to coin new expressions, like, 'forced vaginal entry' or 'unlawful anal access'. And if the Judge continues to pound his 'Censored' stamp, then there's nothing left to do but to either tell him to go have intercourse with himself or, better yet, brutally 'rape' him.
the color of memories chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
Good points there. I agree it is rather ridiculous to ban certain words from court when really that's the only way to describe it, at least from certain people's points of view. Keep up the good work.
Alice Sleeps chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
Banning the word "rape" in a sexual assualt case? Words are chosen for their connotations more often than literal meaning. Banning the words that may carry the most accurate connotation is just plain unfair.